Sunday, February 10, 2013

How does my 3 year old know just what to say?

Mr. Grant had played with his wooden train set in the family room today.  As evening approached I asked him to put it back in the basket it goes in.  No he didn't just do it, he's three.  But he would go pick up about 5 pieces and put them in the basket.  Then he was distracted and moved on.  He was so funny he kept giving me little Toy Story stickers because he was doing good picking up the trains.....go figure!  I think he just thought he'd get out of picking them up if he did.

Cute idea Mr. Grant but I would tell him again to go pick up the rest of the train set.  Again 5 pieces later he was giving me a sticker.  This continued for awhile.....I think I had like 7 stickers on my shirt before he almost had every piece put away.

There were just a handful of cars left to pick up, scattered on the family room floor.  I told Mr. Grant to hurry and pick them up so we could start a movie.  I walked on in to the kids bedroom side of the house to put up some shoes.  

Mr. Grant came and found me and said, 

"Mommy, I not be rood, but I lost all my en-e-gy. 
 I can't pick up any more toys!"

(Mr. Grant and Logan- November 2012- Grammy Boswell's)

And that is how my 3 year old got out of picking up the last 5 cars.   Hey if you can come with an excuse that good and fast when you're just 3, I think you deserve to get out of something!

No comments: