Saturday, August 17, 2013

Can't Believe We Have a 12 Year Old!!!

Kiersten turned 12 and it was a very sad day for me!
I don't want her to be so old.  She entered Young Women's for heavens sake and that's just not okay with me.
She such is a beautiful daughter though and really is just an absolute joy to be around!
To celebrate her big birthday I took her and 4 of her close friends over to Sierra Vista for the day!


We started out by hitting the mall.  It's a small mall but these girls didn't care.  I let them roam free while I did some shopping of my own.  They are all super good girls and I am so grateful that Kiersten has good friends to help her through junior high!
Samantha, Raely, Kiersten, Hanna, and Alani


After several hours at the mall we had lunch and then headed over to the Sierra Vista Aquatic Center.
It's a great place……….like a miniature indoor water park.  It has two fun large water slides, diving board area, big wave pool and a huge hot tub.


Looks to me like the girls had a blast!


It was fun for me to be like a fly on the wall on this trip.  They are a fun, silly group of girls!


Once the water park closed we area  Chili's  and then drove home.
Kiersten had a wonderful birthday party!

12 Things I LOVE About Kiersten

1.  I love her desire to choose the right!
2.  She is extremely helpful around the house.
3.  She has a tender heart and always feels bad if someone is sad or gets their feelings hurt, even if it's a teacher at school.
4.  I love watching her dance………she is a beautiful dancer!!!
5.  I love how she gives 110% at EVERYTHING she does!
6.  I love her enthusiasm for life.
7.  She loves babies and can't wait to be an older sister again.  I think she is more excited this time then ever.
8.  I love watching her learn new gymnastic moves………she is always so thrilled with her improvements.
9.  Her bright smile………..man as a photographer I love how photogenic she is!
10.  Her testimony and love of the gospel.  Too many times to count I have gone into Kiersten's room and found her on her knees in prayer.
11. I love how appreciative she is.  She recently spent all her grade money paying for part of her dance costumes because she "feels bad we pay so much money for her to do all her activities"
12.  I love the sweetness she adds to our family.  

Kiersten I love you to the moon and back!  
I thank my Heavenly Father every day that I get to be your mom!
We LOVE You!!

No comments: