Thursday, March 6, 2014

"I Fell For a Girl!"

I get a phone call from Justin telling me the school is trying to get a hold of me because Logan has been hurt at school and they have an ambulance on it's way.  I had been outside with Grant jumping on the trampoline while Ella was taking a nap so I hadn't answered my phone when the school tried calling me.
When Justin told me all this I was in a panic to get to the school.  In my mind if you are calling an ambulance it's really serious!!  All I could think as I loaded up Grant and Ella was how am I going to go with Logan in the ambulance with these two.  What would I do?



By the time I got to the school the ambulance and police were already there.  I am thinking it would be something really bad.  Even though the goose egg on Logan's forehead was MASSIVE, I was relieved to see that was his injury.  These pictures do not do it justice by any means.



DeeAnn, the director of the school, told me how brave Logan had been and that he didn't even cry until he heard the sirens of the ambulance and I wasn't there yet.


The goose egg had gone down quite a bit by the time I took this picture.  It was so sweet.......both DeeAnn and Mrs. Skinner, Logan's teacher called over the weekend to check on him.




What happened was Logan and a little girl were told to, "Run back to class from speech because they were late.  The speech therapist had kept them too long."  They know not to run, but the did as they were told and ran back to their class.  Some how they got tangled up and Logan and her fell.  Logan was a gentleman and took the brunt of the fall.  The little girl just got a scrape on her arm.

When people would ask Logan what happened to him he would reply, 
"I Fell for a Girl!"
What a character.  The police officer kept telling him that this is what happens when you fall for girls........you end up hurt.  Logan got a kick out of that!



Later that evening Logan asked me, "Mom does it always hurt this much when you fall for a girl?"
I told him, "Oh yes it does!!"
At that point I knew he'd be just fine!

Sure did give him a nice goose egg and some good strawberries but he sure was tough about it.

No comments: