Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sand Dollars

This was one of my favorite days or should I say mornings in Mexico.  We got up early and Jenny took us over to a different beach.  Our family, the Mack's, the Earp's, and the Turley girls joined Jenny, Callie and Gavin Rogers to find Sand Dollars.


Of course with Hunter around we found more than sand dollars....



He found an octopus.  All the boys had fun finding them in the shells!



Hunter, Grant, Gavin, Colter Mack and Logan finding sea creatures.



Logan looking like a stud with his new Mexico sunglasses and backpack!



Gavin found a star fish!



What a cute kid!  The boys really enjoyed playing with Gavin while we were in Mexico.  They are going to have with drawls for sure!



This is some of our group looking for sand dollars.  



I seriously could do this all the time and I don't think it would get old!



Logan found a small octopus and then a few second later I hear him screaming, "BABIES, BABIES!"
I run over to see sure enough....



Inside the shell were little eggs and I guess in the trauma of their home being cracked open some of them started to hatch.  It was AMAZING!  Little tiny octopi swimming around in the bucket.  Wish my water camera would have shown them better.



Ella was a sweet baby and slept most of the time!  What a precious view I had!



We only found a few small sand dollars in the first hour or so.  


They are amazing sea shells!
After awhile Jenny, Callie, Kiersten and I walked on the shore for a good 1/2 mile.  Then it was so cool we started to find TONS of sand dollars!  And they were big ones!  We just kept finding more and more.  Once one of us said, "FOUND ONE" another person would find one.  So much fun!
Then the Turley girls came over and started to find some too.  It sure was a great morning with wonderful people!!
Just Kiersten and I found over 50 sand dollars.  So it was defiantly worth getting up a little early for!
I will post pics of all the huge sand dollars soon......they are on a different camera.

No comments: