Saturday, February 28, 2015

5K for Diabetes


Our friend, Callie Rogers has Type 1 Diabetes and her dad helped organize this 5K run for the second year in a row.  The kids were excited to be in town to participate this year!  Justin of course volunteered to stay home and watch Ella :) He is not a runner!



I love this crazy rocker kid!
The run was called Rock of Ages so Grant's attempt at rock and roll sign is totally fitting!
He is getting rocked and ready for the run!



This is after the run.
Logan, Grant and Ryker




These are the group of dance girls that came to show support for their dance sister Callie.
Well and then there a weirdo in the back photobombing....hehehe!



All 3 of the kids got metals!!
Woot Woot Cluff Kids!



Silvio was such a good sport and ran/walked with Grant.


They were so cute to watch running in the last bit!


I am so happy and proud of Logan.  He got first place in his age group.  The age group was 9-13 year olds!  He barely turned 9 at the end of January, so to win first against everyone so much older than you is quite an accomplishment!
He is super athletic and I foresee us watching him at track meets in the years to come.
Way to go Logan!



Grant was thrilled to metal as well.  He got 3rd in the 8 and under age group.  There weren't a lot of kids his age but he did beat several of them so he was happy.



His buddy Dexen got 2nd place and Ryker got 1st place.


A family that runs together stays together!
I was happy to accomplish my goal of running the whole 5K.  I haven't been back to working out since I broke my foot at the end of October.  I gotta get back in the habit of hitting the gym again.  I was happy that I ran the whole way though.  We went to Denny's for breakfast to celebrate all the metals!  Hunter was very sad to miss the run but he had a campout for scouts and wasn't home to join us.

No comments: