Monday, August 29, 2011

I do not have a child in double digits!!!

Forgot I had these pictures so I am adding them late....sorry!
The pool was the perfect temperature....
Kiersten had a ball as you can see. We even played "Marco Polo" a few times........yes just the two of us! Thanks Kiersten for a FABULOUS weekend! I love you very much!
YIKES I do!!!
Kiersten turned 10.
Once our kids turn 10 we have decided that they can choose to either have a birthday party or get some money instead. This year Kiersten chose the money...........I'd have to say I was a little bummed because I LOVE PARTIES!
So to help with my sadness I decided to surprise Kiersten and have a girls weekend in Mesa.
Thanks to my mother-in-law and my mom who helped me with the boys on Friday, Kiersten and I were able to head to Mesa right after her piano lesson.
She was way excited! We ate at The Cheese Cake Factory, Red Lobster, Panda Express. We watched the Movie Glee the Concert, we swam at the hotel, we went and painted at As You Wish, and of course WE SHOPPED!! We actually had dessert at both Red Lobster and The Cheese Cake Factory...... YUMMY!!! Kiersten and I loved spending time together. She was so fun to hang out with. And she is the sweetest thing ever.......with some of her birthday money she bought something for each of her brothers. How sweet is that! She also was ecstatic to buy a gymnastic outfit and the cutest lime green, black and white dance wear, plus a new dance bag. Let's just say she was in heaven!! I love you Kiersten! Thanks for being the best daughter EVER! I love being your mom and I feel blessed beyond words to have you be mine for eternity!
10 Things I Treasure About Kiersten
1. She has a gorgeous smile with dimples!
2. She is very thoughtful to those around her!
3. She gives 110% at everything she does!
4. She LOVES to dance and I LOVE to watch her!
5. She is an example in kneeling to say her prayers. I often walk in on her kneeling at night saying her prayers!
6. She is very girly but she also loves to ride quads, fish, swim in the river, play laser tag. So I have the best of both worlds!
7. She is kind and considered to everyone!
8. She is a great example to her brothers!
9. She applies herself at everything she does........she just started gymnastics and already learned her back hand spring. Heidi, the gymnastics owner, said very few people have ever gotten it this fast!
10. She is helpful beyond words.........and she just radiates a love for life that is addicting!
I could go on and on....... You Rock Sister

No comments: