Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of School...........for some...

August 8th was the first day of school.
The kids were so so excited......except for Hunter he was seriously bummed.
He had sores all over his body and the doctors hadn't yet figured out what it was and so he couldn't go to school.
He was very sad to miss the first day of school.
Beautiful Kiersten, Poor Bandaged Hunter, and Ecstatic Logan Isn't she gorgeous! Glitter backpack and all........he is ready for the 5th Grade..... Mrs. Percell is her teacher this year. Logan just couldn't be happier to go to Kindergarten. He asked me on the first day if he could walk himself in to his class...........he is such a big boy. I told him not the first day because Mrs. Willis wanted all the parents to stay for a few minutes. So there is a story behind Logan's backpack and his Dinosaur shoes. My mother gave me a magazine and informed me that I NEEDED to get Logan his Dinosaur backpack AND that he NEEDED the light up Dinosaur shoes as well. She made me take the magazine home and then called me the next day to check to see if I had ordered it yet.........if I hadn't she was going to order them. It was so funny because my mom is not the type that cares what kids wear but she knew Logan NEEDED these............so to please Grandma and to surprise Logan I did just what my mom wanted. They both couldn't be happier! Logan has shown his backpack three weeks in a row for show and tell...........so I'd say it's a hit! Logan wanted to pose to show that his Dinosaur shoes are "Super Fast!"
My little sick boy....poor guy! He was a good sport about it and was excited because the Chicago cousins were still here visiting so he had friends to play with at least.
Outside of Discovery Plus Academy.........Logan still wanting to show off his Awesome backpack!
Man I just can't get over how beautiful Kiersten is!
It's going to be a great year.............plus all the neighborhood boys started Kindergarten too so life is going to be a lot calmer during the day with just Mr. Grant!
He needed one more picture of his backpack.
He LOVES school and he LOVES Mrs. Willis.
We are in the forth week of school and Logan is doing extremely well. They have a behaviour plan and each day Logan comes home with a colored dot on his hand. It's great because I know right when I picked him up how he behaved that day. I am so proud of Logan he has never gotten anything below BLUE.....which means he did FANTASTIC! The only thing higher then BLUE is PURPLE and it means they did something above and beyond just great behavior. PURPLE is HOORAY FOR YOU and they get to pick a toy from the treasure box. Logan has been very impressive because he has gotten HOORAY FOR YOU at least once a week and sometime twice or one week he got it 3 TIMES in a row. Mrs. Willis told me she doesn't give out PURPLE easily and said Logan does so much to be helpful in the class.
Way to go Logie Bear!!

No comments: