Monday, May 27, 2013

Durango Mountain Ski Resort

After having a fulfilled weekend in Utah, Justin flew home and the kids and I made the drive over to Durango Colorado.  The drive went really good even though I was feeling pretty nauseous.  


It was great to have Tasia Shupe come with us to help with the kids.  Mostly I wanted someone a little older than Kiersten so I could feel comfortable not being right next to all four kids.  Not that I felt them for long but even being in a gas station and using the restroom, with Tasia there to stay with the kids I wasn't as worried.  
We spend our first day at the Durango Mountain Ski Resort.
It was absolutely beautiful!  Tasia and Kiersten loved the zip line!


Hunter thought the zip line was awesome as well.
Surprisingly Logan didn't want to try it.


Grant surprised us all when he got on this……….the higher the guy helped him go the happier Grant was!  He even learned to do flips.  People watching Grant could not believe he was only 3 years old!


Logan enjoyed the jumping as well.


The kids sure enjoyed doing flips and having the guys help fling them high.


Kiersten showed off her gymnastics skills for sure!


Grant loved taking the ski lift up the mountain.  It made me a little nervous because it's not like there is anything really holding him secure.
But look at that face…….it was so fun to see his excitement!


What a gorgeous view!
It was just beautiful!


We all had a BLAST on the Alpine Slides!!!!
Grant and I were slide partners………he was mad he couldn't go by himself but he got use to riding with me.


Hunter and Logan were crazy on these slides.
I had several people comment to me on how fast the boys raced down.
They had no fear!!!
I am pretty sure they never used the breaks the whole way down and there were some pretty steep parts. 


Kiersten enjoyed having another girl in the mix.


Having a blast!!!
It was so fun to listen to the boys describe each trip down the slide.


Tasia thought the slides were great as well.


Kiersten was a little more cautious than the boys but still beat Grant and I each time we raced.
Grant didn't like that though!


It was such a fun day and a great way to start our Colorado vacation!
We stayed at a resort these two  nights before the Paull family came to spend the week with us in a house we had rented together.

No comments: