Saturday, May 11, 2013

Neon Splash Dash


My good friend Angela Paull (Goodman) recently moved into our neighborhood.  We sure have loved becoming good friends with their family!  Our kids really like playing together.
Since we were going to Mesa for Kiersten's dance competition anyway I found that there was a 5K Neon Splash Dash Run that same weekend.  So knowing what a runner Angela is, I asked her if she wanted to do it with me and she did! 


We had planned on it being a Girls Weekend……….I signed Kiersten up to run with us but as it turned out she was competing later in the evening than usual so she wouldn't be able to run with us.  I had already paid for her so Hunter quickly agreed to take her place.  He was so excited!
I was pretty sure he would not be running the whole 5K, as he never has been able to run that far before.  But of course I didn't care if we walked some and Angela said she didn't mind either.


Angela is such a fun friend!  She always makes me laugh!
And yes the hair idea was HERS!


Doesn't Hunter look pretty excited?


Through out this 5K run there were stations that would spray you with glow in the dark water of different colors.  It was super fun!  It was also just fun to be running at night I thought!


And Hunter blew us out of the water, as he ran the entire 5K!!!!!
Angela was seriously impressed and so was I!


Way to go Hunter!  You are amazing!


Love this lady!


After the run they had a dance under black lights!  It was a blast!
Thanks to Jenny Rogers, who I left Kiersten with, I didn't have to worry about how Kiersten was doing while we went and did the run.  We made it back to the dance competition for the awards.
It was such a fun weekend!!  And such a fun 5K run!

No comments: