Sunday, June 15, 2014

Ella's Blessing Day



The day finally came and we blessed our sweet baby girl on Father's Day!
Justin gave her a beautiful blessing that brought tears to my eyes.  Ella was an angel and didn't make a peep during the blessing.


What a gorgeous baby!!!
Gloria talked me in to getting Ella a Biscotti blessing dress and I am so glad I did.  I have all my kids blessing outfits put in shadow boxes and they hang in our entry way.  So I decided to go ahead and do it.  I am so glad I did!  I love Ella's blessing dress!  It's going to complete my blessing wall beautifully!



I'm in love with his baby and the pink accent roses on her dress.



I'd say she loves it too!!!



We had lots of family come to the blessing and we are so grateful they were there! 
 We have an amazing extended family that blesses our lives in so many ways!



I really like our blue coordinated outfits!
Such a beautiful family!
We are so grateful Heavenly Father blessed us with a baby girl to finish off our family!  It was an answer to our prayers to finally get pregnant but to have a baby GIRL was just better than I had expected!  I felt all along that we'd be having a girl and I know that was Heavenly Father's plan all along!  



I love his man with all my heart!
I am one lucky lady to have him be the father of my children!  He is an amazing father!


Our tradition is to have a dessert party later in the evening, the day of our babies blessing.  So for Ella we decided to have a "Tea Party."
These pictures were taken when she was around 2 1/2 months old..... we had to take them then so she'd actually fit in the tea cup.  Plus we had planned on blessing her around 3 months old but things kept getting in the way.  So she wasn't blessed until she was 5 months old.


This punch was a HUGE hit at the party.   I'll have to post the recipe so I can remember it.





Aren't these cute tea party decorations?



Such cute rock candies...... used as a treat and added to the decoration! 
I wish I would have taken a picture of the cute Tea Party sign we had and all the colorful, purple, pink and green paper balls we had hanging from the ceiling..... it turned out so cute!



Thanks to Grammy Boswell we had yummy, yummy cookies!  She made homemade sugar cookies, chocolate crinkle cookies, kiss cookies, and Oreo bon bons!  WOW she is AMAZING!!!!!
Grammy Cluff helped as well and she brought chocolate chip cookies....... I believe it was Uncle Chris who actual made them.  So thank you to both of them!



I LOVE homemade sugar cookies!
When I was around 12 years old I use to LOVE to make homemade sugar cookies.  My mom has a killer recipe for them.  My Aunt Mil would pay me $10 if I would give her a dozen unfrosted sugar cookies.  So about every 2-3 weeks I'd make a batch and take her a dozen.  So I got really good at rolling out the dough and making the cookies the perfect thickness to be soft and yummy!



Yummy Kiss Cookies........ one of my top favorites!



This would be Wendy photo bombing my cookie picture!
I just love her!



Grant used Kenny as a jungle gym!  What a good sport Kenny is!
So glad he is a part of our family!



This is the lady of the hour!  Looking stylish as always!



Grammy and Grampy Boswell


Grammy and Grampy Cluff

It was a great day!  So thankful for this sweet spirit, Ella Jane!  She completes our family and makes the he happiest mom ever!  She is loved by so many and her siblings adore her!  What a good day to be blessed, right on Father's Day!  You've made your daddies dreams come true....... he always wanted a blue eyed girl and now he has YOU!

No comments: