Wednesday, April 29, 2015

This Boy Cracks Me Up

Yesterday as we were driving away from Walmart there was a young girl with a sign asking for money because she was stranded.  Now I don't always stop and give people money but some times I do.  I decided to give her $5.  Grant wasn't buckled yet so I gave the money to him and told him to roll the window down and give the girl the $5 bill.
This really intrigued Mr. Grant!!
He asked me a lot of questions about why I gave the girl money and what exactly did her sign say.


So today Mr. Grant brings me a piece of paper and asks me to make him a sign.
He told me what he wanted his sign to say, 
"Please give Grant some money.  Please!  Thank you!"
He thought it was a genius idea to make a sign and then people would give you money!
So with his sign he went outside to the side of our road and held his sign up.  He even took a jar to put all his money in.  Considering we live in a cul  de sac in Pima I didn't have much hopes for him getting any money.  But I didn't want to crush his dreams.  Surprisingly enough he made about $4.  Which for a 5 year is pretty darn good.  
I explained to him afterwards that the next time he wanted to do that his sign would need to say that he would "work or pull weeds for money."  I explained that we work for our money not just beg for it.  And to my surprise he was okay with that idea too.  It really was so cute to watch his mind work.  Between selling all his Halloween candy in his "Candy Shop" to begging for money on the side of the road, this kid is going to be an amazing entrepreneur one day!
Surprisingly enough he made $4.57 in about 45 minutes on our road.  It was around 5:00 when he sat out on the side of the road so people were coming home from work.
This kid just melts my heart and makes me laugh constantly!
Love you Mr. Grant even when you're begging for money on the side of the road.

No comments: