Thursday, April 21, 2016

Track 2016

This was Hunter's first year doing track.  He wasn't super adventurous...... he only did the mile.  He was so self conscious of how short his is so he felt like he wouldn't be good at anything else.


I am super proud of him for going ahead and doing track.  He isn't the fastest but he always beat like 6-8 people.  All who were taller than him so it did help him realize it's not all about height.  
 The best part was that the mile is the first track event so we didn't have to sit out in the heat for hours and hours.  
He loved seeing his cousins at track meets. Camry and Hunter are too funny together.  I told Tif we got to get a picture like this again when Cambry is a senior and Hunter is a Junior.  I bet it look s a lot different!


That's my stud!  He rocked the cool socks every meet.  He did have a great time traveling on the bus to all the meets.  They even got to go to Deming, New Mexico.  I was extra proud of Hunter because one of the coaches was his least favorite teacher.   Like the kind of teacher you go complain about to the principal.  Hunter was a trooper and never had any problems with Mr. Carroll.  
 Hunter told me one day after a meet, "Mom I might not be the fastest runner but I am one of the best cheerleaders.  I cheer for everyone!"


I look forward to many more years of watching Hunter do track.  I bet he gets more confident as the years go by and as his statue grows.

No comments: