Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Fun in Tucson

While the boys were at U of A basketball camp, the Little's (Grant and Ella) and I had some fun ourselves.  Aubrey came with us as well.  She was suppose to stay a few days and then go home with Grandma and Grandpa Boswell when they can on Tuesday to get their car worked on.  But since I broke my foot, and Aubrey has no job yet, she was happy to stay and help with the kids.


We rented a 4 bedroom house.  It was totally in a sketchy part of Tucson, not hard to do I know....hahaha!  The house had a small hot tub and a pool.  It also had a playground and putting green.  So the kids really enjoyed being here!


Aubrey's friend Harry came to visit us while we were in Tucson.  He recently moved to Queen Creek.  He was a funny guy!  He was so playful with the kids!


This is us enjoying some Culver's for dinner.


Harry ended up staying the night at our rental house.  The wasn't awake when I had to leave to take the boys to basketball.  So Aubrey stayed to wait for him to wake up.  The little's (Grant and Ella) and I took this opportunity to go out to breakfast.


Breakfast was so yummy!!!
If you are ever around the U of A area and need breakfast, hit up Blue Willow.  You will not be disappointed.


Silly kids are the best!
They can make anyone laugh..... oh how I am grateful for these kids!


Monkey see monkey do right?
Ella saw Mr. Grant showing off so of course she had to join in.


Then Ella was insistent that I do it too!  And Ella insisted on taking my picture.
I am sure I looked like an idiot..... but you know what?  I could care less!


Yummy fun breakfast.....great way to start the day.
Came out, started the Denali and the AC didn't work!  Are you kidding me?  No warning, just bam enjoy the blow dryer.  Also the check engine light came on.  So I called Justin asked him what I should do.  Couldn't find a shop to get it into so we ended up taking it to a dealer.  Because of the kids schedule and the uncertainty of what was wrong, I ended up having to rent a car.  It was such a pain in the butt!  But thank goodness the AC just needed to be charged.  It needs something else but Justin said he could order that particular part much cheaper.  It wasn't something that affected the AC.


After breakfast, the little's and I headed to the Tucson Children's Museum.


Oh did they have fun!!!


Finally Harry woke up and needed to head back to Queen Creek so he brought Aubrey to us.  The kids had a fun time playing.


Ella was in heaven!


She could have played for hours and hours here.  She threw a pretty big fit when we had to leave.


In case you don't know, Ella Jane LOVES kitties!  She loves anything that has a cat on it.  Cat stuffed animals, clothes with a cat on it, cat stickers, anything with a cat on it she loves.  So in the VET play room she loved the poster of different cats.
We joke that she will grow up to be a single lady with like 90 cats living in her house......bahahaha!


Leave it to Grant to climb in the animal cages.


Then Ella was close behind him!


This would be proof that Ella is OCD.  She insisted on sorting the vegetables by colors and types.  Even Aubrey was like, "I don't think most two year olds do this!"
Well Ella isn't your average two year old.


Ella thinks she is ready for this step.  I am ready to not buy diapers anymore, but I am not ready for the "fun" of potty training.  I should get my act together because she probably really could do it.


One evening I took the kids to a skate park.  They are all excited for the skate park in Safford to be finished.  Should be done mid July.  How exciting is that!!


Yes even Ella had to get in the bowl and ride her scooter.  


Ended the night with dinner at B.J.'s Brewery.  Pizookies for dessert really hit the spot!


Justin came to Tucson Friday afternoon to watch the boys last little bit of basketball camp.  I had to pick Kiersten and her friend Kallie up at EFY in Flagstaff at 7:00 the next morning.  So Justin came to take over so I could make the drive to Flagstaff.  Aubrey came with me so when my broke foot got too sore she could take over the driving.  Come to find out she is a HORRIBLE driver on the freeway.  I honestly started to have a panic attack as she almost got in a wreck like 5 times in a matter of minutes.  Thank goodness for other responsive drivers who avoided her.  Yikes, it was SCARY!  Even she was like, "I have no idea what I am doing!  I think I am having a panic attack too!"
We did survive the trip to Flagstaff.  
The kids had planned to go see the new movie Finding Dory, that was released today.  I heard how good it was.  Ella LOVED it!  Justin said she just sat the entire movie, ate her popcorn and was glued to the screen.  So glad Ella liked it and that the kids got to have an evening out with their dad.  The next morning Justin packed the kids up and went back to Safford.  The girls and I got home a little after noon.
It was a fun week in Tucson, minus the broke foot.  That was just annoying!

No comments: