Thursday, June 22, 2017

Strong Guardian Angels

So Brody Brown was staying a couple of nights at our house while his dad was at girls camp and his mom works nights.  On Thursday afternoon the boys wanted to go get Brody's 900 4 seater RZR to go out for a ride. I told them if he could get ahold of Blain, his dad, I would be fine with it. Brody reassured me his dad wouldn't care but that he would call him. I said it was fine then. 
They rode a little, then had to go work the consessions at the little league games for student counsel. They called me when they were don't there, around 8:30. I was at the gym and had Grant and Ella playing in a he kids area. Justin was still at work. He's been pulling 18 hour days to make our trips workout. Anyway the Brody and Hunter go out riding. 
Brody is driving and they are headed home, about 1/2 mile from our house and Brody rolls the RZR over 2/3, so not back onto its wheel. Thank heavens the boys were wearing 5 point harnesses. They don't always wear their seat belts. 
Needless to say the boys were scared out of their minds!!! 
They could not get the RZR flipped back over so Hunter ran the 1/2 mile home to get out Ranger and a rope. He got back and pulled Brody's RZR right side up. It was able to drive home but has some obvious bent wheel axes. 

 

When I got home from the gym they were covered in dirt and she left me the whole story. My heart skipped a beat thinking of what could have easily been the outcome. The next day Hunter started finding bruises all over his body. His bicep and inside of his shoulder took some impact. 


 

Nice bruise on his thigh. 

 

Ouch!!!  They look so tender. Hunter feels really sore from the wreck! 

 

He even has bruising across his jaw. Over the past couple of days Hunter keeps finding more bruises. He had several bruises on his lower back and a couple on his hands. 
What a blessing that these boys were protected. They could easily have been hurt bad and even died, especially if they hadn't been wearing seat belts. 
I told them both that their guardian angels worked hard tonight!! 
My heart is full that the outcome was good. 
Hunter plans to earn money to pay for half of the repairs even though he wasn't the one driving. He can up with that all on his own. 
I my Hunter boy and Brody!!  

No comments: