Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Not a Good Night Time Mommy..........

So I have discovered that I am NOT a very good night time mommy! If my kids get up during the night I just send them straight back to their own beds. Even if they say their legs hurt, head hurts, they're scared, etc............I am not very compassionate in the middle of the night when I think there really isn't a good reason why they are awake. Now if they have the stomach flu or something it's a different story. I found out that last night my kids even know I am nicer when they say their stomachs hurt.
2:00 a.m. Hunter wakes me up and tells me he can't sleep. I tell him go lay on the couch and I lay back down. Hunter then tells me but Mom I feel like I am going to throw up. Which immediately gets my attention and I jump up out of bed and tell him to hurry to the bathroom. He goes to the bathroom and I tell him I will get him a bowl. I go to check on him in the bathroom and ask him if he threw up? He says no Mom my tummy doesn't even hurt but I knew you would get up if I said that! He did have a 102 fever and said his throat hurt, not his stomach. I of course had to make him a comfy place on the couch next to Kiersten who has strep throat. I decided to try to make it up to Hunter for being a bad night time mommy. I got him the cherry favored cough drops that I am pretty sure are just the same thing as a life savor but says cough drops. The kids love those kind and why wouldn't they. I also got him the little fever/cool strips that go on your forehead to help with his fever. I usually won't ever buy them............we just use wet wash clothes. Hunter was so excited about these cool strip and he kept his on until bed time. I guess I need to watch how I am acting closer because man my kids really pick up on everything!!!
Took Hunter to the Dr. today and he has strep as well. They are both so sick! I hope no one else gets it in our family, especially Grant!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Oh rotten! I hate when my kids are sick. I hope nobody else gets it.
At least they're both old enough to really do fine laying on the couch watching movies!

touch of glass said...

I hear ya! That is so funny though. That is a bummer. Give them a love from me. We miss you guys. I have had some fever flu making its rounds here too. I guess it's Rylan's turn today. Yuck, I hate sick kids.