Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mr. Grant's Cupcake Party

We had Grant's Cupcake Party on the afternoon when he was blessed. It turned out so nice. We had a great time with family and friends. It was raining in the morning when we were getting ready for church and I was bummed that we might all be stuck in the house. Especially considering we had invited like 60 people. But it cleared up by 3:00 and all was well! We had six choices of gourmet cupcakes to choose from. They were all a big hit! These are cookies 'n cream cheesecake cupcakes, which are delicious! I have several as it was one of my binge days before starting my diet. I make these ones.
These are German chocolate cupcakes, from scratch, I might add. My mom made these and they were one of my two top favorites! It was so hard to have favorites because they were all so good! And yes I tasted them all so I speak the truth! I could eat this frosting by the bowl. Why waste calories on the cake part is my theory when it comes to these!
My other favorite was the raspberry marble cheesecake cupcakes! They were a huge hit with everyone. I made these ones and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them! I made them again for the kids teachers and aides. You don't even feel guilty eating one because it's like half the size of a normal cheesecake slice. But when you eat 4 or 5 the guilty starts creeping up on you. All I can say is...............THEY ARE SOOOOOO WORTH IT!!!!
Then my mom just made some chocolate with sprinkles for the kids. She thought we had to have some with sprinkles.
Saving the best for last.......... my friend Tessa Smith made these delicious snickers cupcakes and a mouth watering red velvet with cream cheese frosting. She is trying to earn money to go to China to teach English by selling gourmet cupcakes. So if anyone is having a party let me know and I can give you her number. She has so many different kinds it's hard to choose which one to have her make. Thank you thank you Tessa.............they were a big hit as well. A couple of people asked me for the recipe for them actually.
Mr. Grant wishing he could have a cupcake or at least some frosting!
He is so dang cute!
Had to have a picture with Mr. Grant!
Justin took a few randon shots. Here I am talking with Tressie and Stacie my good friends and neighbors. Wish we would have taken more pictures of everyone who came. The Shupe family, the Allen family, the Moore family, the Smith family, Quincy, Gloria & Avry, Brad & Cherly, all the Cluff side family's were there, Grandma & Grandpa Bennion from Utah, both sets of Grant's Grandparents and my sweet sister Marla came all the way from Chicago. I could just kick myself for not taking a picture of us together. I had so much fun with Marla. Thanks for coming down wish we could do it more often!
This is a 4 Generation picture.........Rex Bennion, a.k.a Grandpa B, Grandpa Cluff, Justin, Logan, Hunter & Grant. What a fine looking group of men!
Kiersten wanted a picture with her two Grammies, Grammy Cluff & Grandma B. Kiersten just thinks the world of both these Grammies. She love Grandma B and is always so excited when she comes to visit, as are all the kids!
This would be Grandma B & Grandpa B with all their "Cluff " Great Grand kids! What a group.............14 kids. WOW!

1 comment:

Swen said...

i might need some recipes too...miss seeing you! i love to read your blog. you write/blog so often, i have a hard time keeping up. you're awesome in sooo many ways! --jenni :)