Monday, July 11, 2011

The project that confirms.....I am CRAZY!!!

So Hunter wanted his bedroom to be Lego themed....
So I got online and looked up other Lego themed bedrooms.
They all were cute but there was this one that was AMAZING!!! And I couldn't get it out of my mind and I couldn't talk myself out of attempting one similar.
The person that did the other room was probably an actual Artist, I am not!
We wanted to incorporate CKC somehow in the room as well..........
and so without further ado....
this is what I came up with....

This project would be the main reason I have not blogged in over a month.

Any chance I had I worked on the room.......which between kids, neighbor kids, swim team, Crossfit, Little League, violin lessons, archery, laundry, cooking, etc...there wasn't a whole lot of "extra" time. But there were many nights I stayed up until 3:00 a.m. or later. It is so hard to give up those quite kid free hours.......even if I paid for it the next day!

I took advantage of Mr. Grant's long naps many days as he was not so much help when it came to painting!

I added the CKC Logo very last and Hunter was just beside himself.
He LOVES it! Many days Hunter would keep me company while I was working on the room. He would tell me what a great mom I was and that I must really, really love him to make his room look so cool. At that moment is when I knew it was worth it to me! I enjoyed seeing his excitement and listening to him call me an "artist." So there are two murals that I painted...........yes I used a overhead projector. There are very few perks of being the PTO President but borrowing things from the school is one of them. It was a grand day to hang the shelves back up! Justin helped me here and there for which I am so grateful for ! This was my painting attire........every color of paint is on these clothes and plenty of black marker! This picture gives you an idea of how big the mural is. It looks awesome with the Lego's Hunter has built put back on the shelves! I am excited to get a new bed for the boys........they have been sleeping on the floor for about 4 months now. We sold the bunk beds and I didn't want to get anything else until I had painted the room and I needed time to save up money. Four months later I have saved enough money for the bed I want in there! It was a HUGE project...... many times I wondered what I was thinking...... but the closer I got and the more I heard Hunter's enthusiasm...... the more I was determined to finish! So the crazy project is finished!!!! And yes I am confirmed CRAZY! I already told Justin the first night the bed is in there I am sleeping in there!!!

4 comments:

Autumn said...

Becky, that is AMAZING!

Kamala Crockett said...

WOW!! That is the coolest room I have ever seen. I am VERY impressed and yes you are the coolest mom in the world!

EmilyHerb18 said...

You're amazing Becky. Your kids are lucky to have such a talented mom.

anna said...

Wow! I had no idea you were such an artist! I'm super impressed!