Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentine's Day

We have a little tradition of taking little Valentine's around to friends and family around Valentine's day. Sometimes it's just store bought candy but when life permits we make something cute. This year we found time to make some cute little gifts for everyone.
I think I felt that since I was making about 400 candy grams for the PTO fundraiser that I should devote some time to my own kids as well.
My kids love getting to drop these off, ringing the door bell and running. These were also the valentine's my kids took to school......everyone loved them! The boys got these little cars...........they turned out cute! We always write the kids initials on the Valentine some where so our friends can guess who left it for them. Although by now everyone knows right away that it is us :) It was a fun time getting ready for Valentine's Day for Hunter as well. He has a crush on Lizzy Warren in his class. The rule at our house is that you can give someone a Valentine but part of it has to be homemade and creative. Hunter learned how to make duck tape flowers all on his own. So he made Lizzy a dozen roses. He made her a card that said, "These roses will never die, just like my love for you!" Can you say Rico Suave! He did a great job and had a great time making these for his Valentine! Our day was nothing outside the ordinary. Our evening was spent going to our kids activities which is typical.....we have some over achieving kids for sure! Kiersten had to dance at the Celebration for Arizona's 100th birthday at EAC. Plus both Kiersten and Hunter played their violins in the foyer as people were entering. So it wasn't the more romantic Valentine's I have every had but it was a good one.
I sure love my kids and my sweet husband!
My kids have been blessed with wonderful grandmas. From Grandma Boswell they each got $5 in a card that came in the mail. My kids just LOVE it when there is something in the mail for them. They were so excited to find their love letter and money from her.
Grammie Cluff gave them each a chocolate treat and wrote them each a sweet little note. The kids just love it! They really are blessed to be loved my so many!
Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Kamala Crockett said...

You are such a good mommy! And Hunter is hilarious! So cute.