Thursday, November 15, 2012

Why You Driving In Circles?

So today my afternoon did not go as I had planned.  I was hoping to get started on my wall that I am going to stencil.  Instead I get a call from Kim Skinner, the kids violin teacher.  She asks me if I can drive kids to the violin practice today.  Both Hunter and Kiersten are part of the Gila Valley Strings Showcase, which will perform next week at the Safford Center for the Arts.  Keep in mind my kids aren't actually part of the strings group at school...they both are taking private lessons from Kim this year.  I love Kim so I said sure I could drive some extra kids from strings.
.  
What it actually would involve is picking kids up at 12:10, taking them to the Safford Center for the Arts.  Returning at 1:30 to pick up some of the kids and return them to school back in Pima.  Then be back at 2:30 to pick up my kids and a few more and return the extra kids back to the school.  

Mr. Grant and I did find time in the mist of the running to stop at Denny's and have a very quick lunch with my good friend Rue.  After I picked up my last batch of kids, including mine, and dropped the extras off at school, I checked Logan out early.  It was 2:45 by this time.  So it was back in the car to go to town to take Kiersten to dance by 3:00 and the boys by 4:00.

As we were making the last drive in to take kids to dance Mr. Grant asked me, "Where are we going?"  

I told him, "Back to town."

He replied, "Mom why you keep driving in circles? You lost mom?"

He then went on to give me a lecture about how me driving in circles didn't make sense.  Let's remember he just turned three.  And keep in mind Madagascar 3 was playing the whole time we were driving.  It amazes me how much even the little tikes pay attention to.  I love that he thought it was concerning that we were "driving in circles" because that was exactly what we were doing.

What a guy!

I often feel like I am "driving in circles" and yes I even feel "lost" when that happens.

Thanks for paying attention and for checking to make sure we weren't actually lost..........nope just driving in circles on purpose!


Love You Mr. Grant!

No comments: