Thursday, November 22, 2012

Turkey Trot

This Thanksgiving Day started out like many others..........The Turkey Trot!
This year it ended up being only Hunter and myself that raced.  Kiersten was signed up but got strep throat the day before.  She still wanted to race but she looked so sick I wouldn't let her.


I was so happy Hunter was there to run the race with me!  It was a gorgeous day for a 5K run!
I hadn't been the best with my Crossfit work outs in the months prior to this race.  But my goal was to run the whole way and I did!

27:39
.....about a minute slower then last year but I was happy!


Jeremy Bingham and I

I had a great time visiting with Steph and Jeremy as we waited for the drawings to be handed out after the race was finished.
And you'll never believe it, I know I didn't, but I actually got drawn and won $25 to Pollock's!
I had told Steph if I won I would do the whole Price Is Right run down to get my prize.  You know I am a woman of my word so that is just what I did!


Aiden, Bailey, Gavin and Hunter
Hunter had fun running with these boys.
He ended up running about 3/4 of the way!
Great job Hunter!


Steph and I
I just love this woman!
I am so thankful for her friendship!  
We've helped each other through some crazy times that's for sure!


Our Thanksgiving dinner plans were to go to my parents house this year but with Kiersten being sick and my mom recovering from her last round of chemo we decided we'd better stay home.  So I went and got dinner from my moms.  We of course had pitted a turkey, thanks to our good friends the Binghams for always letting us do that with them!  So I got everything else from my moms and returned home.  We had a nice, laid back dinner.........actually we were going to ride quads later in the day so we didn't even get cleaned up or anything.

One thing I had done was make these cute little May Flower boats filled with rocks (thank you Pinterest).  As we ate Thanksgiving dinner, we went around and each of us took out a rock and said something we were thankful for.  Here is our lists....

Justin is thankful for...
His beautiful wife, that he didn't do the Turkey Trot, good weather today, that Kiersten is feeling better then yesterday, family and cute kids, that we aren't at Disneyland, time off of work, Temple in the Gila Valley, and the good choices our kids make

Becky is thankful for...
My family, good health, The gospel of Jesus Christ, my mother, handsome husband, Disneyland, Justin's job that provides a good living for us, the Atonement of Jesus Christ, kids that like to be involved in the arts, Our Heavenly Father's plan of happiness and vacations!

Kiersten is thankful for...
Family, food, house, Dance, backyard, playhouse, that she gets to buy cute clothes, Disneyland, friends, for growing up LDS, good health and not being in a hospital,  and that where we live is a safe place.

Hunter is thankful for...
A home, soda, Kiersten his lovely sister (those were his exact words), his dad has a good job, ATV's, silly Grant, Disneyland, his pet bearded dragon Spike, Dad, his hair, his good looks and everything about the gospel.

Logan is thankful for...
Mom and dad, love, family, the earth, Heavenly Father, Grammy Cluff, Disneyland, hamburgers, sports, skateboards, crazy brother Hunter, and people that take care of him and respect him...like Grammy Cluff.

Mr. Grant is thankful for...
The rocks, Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland, Cheeseburgers, Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland and last but not least Disneyland.

So a couple of explanations here..........

Logan had just been on his birthday sleep over with Grammy Cluff the night before and some sleep over it must have been because he mentioned her twice in what he was thankful for and the skateboard he got her as well.  It was so cute!

Mr. Grant well he loves Disneyland and Mickey Mouse.  He asks me several times a week, if not every day, if I will take him to Disneyland!  He tells me all the time he wants to go to Disneyland.  After seeing the pictures from this summer when I took the other kids but left Mr. Grant home he is bound and determined that I take him to Disneyland like the other kids.  Remember he is only 3! So with that explanation you'll understand why each of us mentioned Disneyland as well.  Mr. Grant kind of insisted that we each say "Disneyland."  Now the Cheeseburger comment from him means he has watched Madagascar 3 WAY TOO MANY TIMES in the car as we drive the kids to all their after school activities.  Those of you that have seen it know what I am talking about.  When he said it he just started laughing and thought he was so funny!

All in all it was a wonderful day and we have so much to be thankful for!

No comments: