Monday, December 23, 2013

My Thoughts This Christmas

I know I have never had so many thoughts of Mary around Christmas time, or any other time of the year, until this year.  As I am just a couple of weeks away from having a baby I find myself reflecting on her a lot.


I can't even image traveling by donkey and walking for 100 plus miles at 9 months pregnant.  I find it challenging to make the weekly trips to Gilbert for my doctor appointments at this point.  I am learning that I need to have more gratitude in my heart, even if my hips are killing me and my sciatic nerve is causing major pain.  I have it so easy compared to Mary.


Not only traveling that far under those circumstances, but giving birth in a stable with all those stinky animals.  I am not a "sprinter" when it comes to childbirth, I am definitely a "marathon runner"…………pushing for hours to deliver a baby.  So I can't even image doing that in a stable.  Add to that the fact that she knew she would be the earthly mother of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the World.  What an incredible woman she was!  
It's been a great experience this Christmas season to find myself thinking of Mary and the birth and life of our Savior as well.
I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life!  

No comments: