Monday, September 8, 2014

Angels Among Us

Remember Hunter's pride and joy?  The snake skin tie he got from his Grammy Cluff.  Well he wore it to the football game after dance on Thursday.  But he insisted on wearing the tie to the game!
After the game he went to a friends to stay the night and the next morning when he got home he no longer had his tie.  His friend couldn't find it at their house, it wasn't in his dance bag, it wasn't in the van or the truck.  It was no where!!! And Hunter was devastated!  He kept thinking he had left it at the dance studio, so he didn't get too worried right at first.  
I was 100% sure it wasn't at the studio because I had watched him put it on after I picked him up from dance.  But we asked everyone at the dance studio and Kiersten looked when she was there the next day.  With no luck we weren't finding his treasured tie!
Friday morning we had even all loaded up in the car and went to the football field and searched all over.  No Luck!
I asked friends if they remember seeing Hunter wearing it at the game.  Some thought they saw him wearing it at the beginning but couldn't fully remember. We asked people all weekend about this tie.  Both Hunter and I had been praying we'd find the tie.  As the weekend went on I thought the chances of us getting the tie back were less and less likely.  
Sunday evening I was checking out posts on FaceBook and I decided to post a picture of Hunter's snake tie and ask my FB friends for help getting it returned to us.

I didn't give it much thought but I had great hope in my heart that someone would see the picture of Hunter wearing the tie and then get it back to us.  Monday morning we all got ready for school like normal.  Hunter went out on the front patio to look for shoes and laying right on the door mat was HIS TIE!  
No note, just the tie!  After he brought it inside and told me where he found it, we knew someone had returned it.  We were full of gratitude!  Hunter and I knelt in his room and he offered a prayer thanking Heavenly Father for his tie being found and returned.  It was a special moment as Hunter said that prayer he started to cry.  It was wonderful to witness Hunter's tenderness when praying.

I love living in this wonderful little community!  Pima is full of great people and we can not express that gratitude we have for whom ever put the tie on our front mat.  



What a miracle it was to get his special tie back!


The experience makes this tie even more special to Hunter and us all!  He has worn it to  church so many times........ it will forever be his favorite one!

No comments: