Friday, September 19, 2014

I Can See Why!

Hunter is obviously my first son.  So this is my only experience the raising an 11 year old son.  I have seen big leaps in Hunter's maturity level in the past 6 month or so.  Not that he doesn't still act like a kid or still need correction and direction on how to behave.  But I have witnessed an increased ability to control this actions, tongue and desires.  I am beginning to understand as to why boys receive the priesthood at 12.  


This picture was taken when we were hiking at Upper Arcadia on Mt Graham.  Hunter was super concerned about Grant being on the side of the trail where the cliffs were.  So he always made sure to switch sides with Grant so that he would be safe.  We had a wonderful talk on our hike.  We talked about how beautiful the mountains are and how much our Heavenly Father and Jesus must love us to create such details things for us to explore.  It was wonderful to hear Hunters insight

I am so grateful to know that I belong to Heavenly Father's church and it is his plan.  He knows at what age our spirits are ready to accept additional responsibilities.  I am grateful for the lessons I am learning by being a mother!

No comments: