Sunday, January 11, 2015

"Sure I'll Do It!"

After primary Brother Craighead cornered me and asked me if Justin and I would be willing to speak in church next Sunday.  Public speaking is NOT MY THING!!!  With the increased anxiety I have been having since having Ella, I really just wanted to say no.  But he asked me in front of my kids and members of the Primary Presidency so I said okay.
We were given the topic of "Service."  Brother Craighead said we could go any direction we wanted to with the topic.  So at least it was an easy topic.  He also asked if I would have Kiersten speak with us.  He told me that if I wanted any of our other kids to participate in the program that Sunday just to let him know.


Went we got home from church I broke the news to Justin.  He hadn't gone to church that Sunday because he wasn't feeling good.  He doesn't mind speaking in church so it was no big deal to him.
As we were talking about it, I jokingly told Silvio what Brother Craighead had told me about our other kids participating with us.  I told Silvio, "I think that means you need to speak with us!"
Silvio asked the topic.  After I told him, he said, "Sure I'll do it!"
It was as easy as that!
Justin called Brother Craighead to get it approved.  Since Silvio is not a member of our church we weren't sure what the rules were.  But it was cleared with no problem.  Only rule was that I had to read over Silvio's talk and make sure what he had written was within the teaching of Jesus Christ.  With the topic of Service I wasn't worried.  Silvio wrote a beautiful talk!  He spoke of the example his mother has set for him with respect to serving others.  He also was kind enough to mention how serving our kids and family have been to him.

Kiersten gave a wonderful talk as well.  She really does a great job speaking in church.  This was her third youth talk and she's only been in Young Womens for less then a year and a half.  


I told Silvio and Kiersten to give me sad faces since we all had to speak in church today!
I love Silvio's expression!!  That's pretty much how I felt too :)
But Justin and I did our part and I felt good about it once it was over.  I am thankful for a wonderful ward family that was so kind and spoke such sweet things to us following our talks.
It was pretty impressive that Silvio would speak at Sacrament meeting especially considering he is not of our faith.  What a great young man he is!
I am thankful for each of my beautiful children!  Hunter and Logan both told me that if I wanted them to speak with us that they would.  They are such sweet and caring sons!

No comments: