Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Favorite Valentine's Day.............so far

We had a fantastic Valentine's Day! It started with gifts from Justin and I. The kids were so excited.......................sadly so was I. I am very much a kid in an adult body, especially when it comes to gifts and holidays!
The kids were so happy that I had wrapped up their gifts.
Kiersten was so happy with her Webkins, so were the boys. But my favorite part, and the boys, was the micro machines we got for them. They are antiques, as they have not been being made for many years. For those of you who know me well, know I was a tom boy growing up. Micro Machines were seriously one of my most treasured toys as a kid. I had some serious fun bidding for them on eBay. I won a lot because I got so tired of bidding on the cool stuff and losing. So I got aggressive and ended up winning several bids...............with some way cool cars, trucks, motorcycles, semi's, trains, and much, much more. In fact I still don't have all the sets yet that I won. So there is more fun to come! The kids loved the micro machines as well and have played with them for hours since. Kiersten even likes them because I explained that all it takes is an imagination and you can have fun with them. Kiersten has a great imagination and she loves little things so they became a hit for her as well. Plus I told her how much fun I had as a kid playing with them and she thought that was cool.
This was a great find as I had one just like it as a kid. I know I am crazy, but I was so excited about these micro machines. I have such fun memories playing with my brothers with them.
This was my favorite piece as a kid, the suburban house! I was happy to get this one. The crazy thing is that all these sets were still in the original boxes and Justin helped me put the stickers on them. They were made in the early 90's..........................crazy huh?
This was the other set I had as a kid, so glad we found it to get for our kids. It was so much fun to get them and made me think of being a kid again. Justin said he thought I was going to have more fun with them then the kids and to be honest he might be right!
Logan especially liked the monster truck micro machines. He was so excited to see all the cars and trucks!
The kids immediately got the stuff all set up and played away the morning. I told Justin, "see they are a big hit." He said, "Yea, with as much enthusiasm you showed to the kids about these micro machines, you even made me what to play with them!"
I know I am a bit crazy, but one thing I love is FUN!

1 comment:

Lee Anne said...

That is so funny. I got my kids webkinz for Valentine's also. They are obsessed with them. My husband has all of his old Micro Machines from when he was a kid. My kids think it is cool if he ever let's them play with them. It doesn't happen very often.