Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tucson Zoo

Kiersten had a eye appointment over in Tucson on Monday so I decided to take the kids to the zoo. Hunter wanted to stay and go to his cousin Cambry's birthday party so Tif was nice and offered to keep him. Thanks Tif! It was a beautiful day and we had fun. I love the Tucson Zoo because it is so small and easy for the kids to see the animals and walk the whole zoo without getting too tired. My friend Steph and her kids came. It was really a fun day!
The kids got to feed the giraffe's. Logan wasn't too sure about it so Bailey helped him. I never knew how long a giraffe's tongue is. Kiersten really liked feeding the giraffe's! I love that Bailey is sticking out his tongue just because he was watching the giraffe do it. So funny!
I love it when my kids get to experiencfe fun stuff like this. I was sad that Hunter missed out, but he had a great time with Cambry.
Ayden, Gavin, Bailey, Logan and Kiersten
I love that it's so easy for the little kids to see all the animals.
Hunter loves the elephants so we took lots of pictures for him.
It was neat to see the Polar Bear get fed. The boys especailly thought this was way cool.
The Lion is Hunters favorite and I was able to get some great pictures of him. This was Hunter's favorite picture because the Lion is sticking out his tongue!
This is a Bleeding Heart Dove. I have never seen one of these before. It's crazy they look ike they have been shot right in the heart. Heavenly Father has a great imagination and sense of humor, it's easy to see that with a trip to the zoo.
Kiersten liked the Pink Famingos............mostly because they are pink, but also because they can stand on one leg for so long.
All the kids minus Kadie.

4 comments:

Tifani said...

we did the tucson zoo too and the kids fed the giraffes and thought it was so cool. I love the Tucson zoo also and I am glad you all had fun!!!!! Cambry loved having hunter ton play with!!!!

PL Rath said...

We love the Tucson zoo and used to have a yearly pass to go about once a week. Give us a call next time you go and maybe we'll join you.

touch of glass said...

I wanna be a way cool mom like you Becky!!! My kids will just have to suffer with boring me. So are you coming on the couple dune trip???

Susan and Don said...

Becky~ I have to tell you that Hunter was mentioned in my SS class today! Yep, evidently he preached a little sermon to some kid he was riding to preschool with driven by Sue Blake. Did you hear about this?