Thursday, May 28, 2009

Aravaipa Canyon

Little Miss Avry Jane. I wished I looked that good in a bikini!
Avry loved the water! Hunter made a "boat" out of sticks and yarn. All the kids had fun watching it float down stream and then chasing after it.
It was so nice to get out and enjoy the day with family!
On Memorial Day we took a day trip out to Aravaipa Canyon. We went to the cliff dwellings which the kids loved. Kiersten and Avry loved being inside the house. Avry was so funny because she really didn't want to come out from the house. Kiersten loves her little girl cousin, Avry and is a great help with her.
The very fun Uncle Quincy. We had so much fun spending the day with Quincy, Gloria and Avry.
Here is Quincy's cute family!
Our cute family outside the cliff dwellings.
Hunter's expression is so funny.
The kids had a wonderful time playing in the stream. They tried really hard to catch tad poles, but only Uncle Quincy was successful at it.
There was a slight current and the kids loved walking up stream so they could float down.
Logan will be a fish in his next life we think!
Kiersten's legs look so long in this picture.
Justin doing what he does best..............sitting relaxing and enjoying a bottleneck rootbeer!
Hunter made himself a nest so he could play like he was a baby bird. I love to watch my kids explore their imagination.
We took the rail and the jouner out to Aravipa. It was a beautiful day to be out riding and enjoying nature.
Avry finally took a nap and Gloria was happy about that.
Half the time our kids wanted to be with Quincy and Gloria which was nice! I told Quincy that he shouldn't be so cool and fun and our kids wouldn't like him so much. He just laughed.

5 comments:

Alison said...

That "nest" looks like something Lucy would do. It'd be filled with poison ivy, but she would do it.

Susan and Don said...

I love that place! That nest picture cracked me up! I love being outdoors having fun.

Unknown said...

This looks like so much fun! where is this at? is it by willcox! Is it far? YOur kids are adorable and have quite the sense of humor!!

touch of glass said...

I want to go next time! We need an invite on your next adventure trip!! I'm still waiting to see a picture where you actually look pregnant. How are ya anyways?

The Skousen's said...

You guys always do the coolest things. I love it. I love that place too. Brings back a lot of memories. So what is this I hear about having a class of 95 mini reunion at your house. hahaha That's just what Anna said. Which, um, count me in if it ever happens.