Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Kiersten's Orchestra Concert

Kiersten plays the violin and has violin class everyday at her Charter school. Her Spring performance was Phenomenal!!! This is the beginners, 2nd Graders being accompanied by the Advanced students. They sounded amazing! I told Kiersten to smile when she was up there and she told me, "Mom I can't remember to smile I have to concentrate on the music!" So serious about doing her very best! There is a smile but not while playing. She did such an outstanding job!
This is Kiersten's beginning class of violin. We were amazed that they played six songs from memory. Pretty darn good for second graders! The songs they played were...
Twinkle with Mentor, Flop Eared Mule, Southside Blues, Liza Jane, Red Bird, and Old Joe Clark. I wish I could figure out how to put video on my blog so you could hear how good they sounded. We are so proud of Kiersten and how hard she tries at all she does!
This is Kiersten's orchestra teachers, Mrs. Kim Skinner and Mr. Kevin DeRusha. They are fabulous teachers and such a great pair. We are so glad Kiersten is enjoying playing the violin and gaining such a love of music!
This was the finale where all the students played. What a wonderful job everyone did! Justin even said he "could have listened to the music for an hour longer." That's really saying something because Justin isn't known for his love of fiddlin' music!
Kiersten is a wonderful daughter and we are blessed to have her in our family! Way to go girl!

2 comments:

Cori` said...

I have always wanted my daughter to play the violin Kiersten looks so cute and grown up, up there playing the violin. She is one very talented girl.

Jade said...

She looks so big and grown up!! I love the dinner/dessert! Too funny....and yeah, totally pregnant!!
I love their costumes from the play! They look soooooo adorable!!! You have some beautiful kiddos!!