Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Yipee we finally saw.............June Bugs

It has been years since I have seen a June Bug so this summer when we were at my parents having a family BBQ I was ecstatic to have one land right on Justin's back. I have been wanting to show our kids June Bugs and how we would tie a string onto them and then watch them fly. It's like a pet kite...........they just fly all around while you hold the string. Just seeing them brings back wonderful childhood memories for me. Hunter was the most excited about seeing one...................he's our bug boy! Tying the string around it was harder then I remembered it being, I guess we are just out of practice.
June Bugs (not sure if that is their official name, but that's what we've always called them) are such a shinny green color and their legs are so clingy. They can hold onto your fingers and clothes so tight, but they don't hurt at all.
This one wasn't too into flying but it was still great fun! The crazy thing was that when we got home our kids found another June Bug in our driveway. I can't believe it's been years since I have seen one and then we find two in the same night!

2 comments:

Jenni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenni said...

that brings back childhood memories for me too. i haven't see one for a long either.