Wednesday, October 6, 2010

LOVE My Mom!

I just adore my Mother!
She is such an amazing woman. She thinks of such fun things to make my kids feel special. She wanted so bad for Kiersten to come ride bikes with her over the new bridge. They have a bike path and everything from their house to town. They have decided that one of these Fridays they will ride their bikes to my moms work together and then Kiersten will stay and help in Mrs. Sullivan's and Mrs. Lewis's classes until my mom is off at 1:30....then they'll ride their bikes back home.
Kiersten can't wait to do this and keeps reminding me about it!
My Mother is just the best!
There is so much about her that makes her fabulous it's hard to write it all down and not feel like you are missing a million things.
She is always doing something for someone else. She is a great example of Service!
Whenever someone calls and asks her to do something she does it......always!
She took 5 little kids to church every Sunday BY HERSELF!! Now seriously how many of us would have the strength and patience to do this the whole time we raised our family? Simply Amazing.
She gives great advice and is famous for telling us kids to "Kill them with KINDNESS!" when someone had been unkind to us.
She had FHE and daily scripture study as long as I can remember as a child....BY HERSELF! No husband helping her, reminding her or even participating in these church activities. (My dad is great just not active in the church) Any church calling she has she does it to the best of her ability.........giving 110%!
She has even taken Visiting Teaching serious forever....I can remember going with her to visit the sister's on her beat as a little girl.
She is constantly bearing her testimony to me every chance she gets.
When I feel down and voice my concerns to my mom about how I just don't measure up.... her exact words seem to always be "You are as good as GOLD.............now don't forget it!"
She has endured some unspeakable things throughout her life and still remains positive about it all.
She loves the Savior.
And instilled in me as a child a love for Him as well.
She loves those around her always.
She is a great mother and I am blessed to have her!
There is so so much more I could write about her.....This is just the tip of the ice berg!
Thank You Mom!

1 comment:

bonnie said...

YOUR mom IS amazing, I am so glad we were able to grow up close to you guys.