Monday, November 7, 2011

The Sounds You Wake Up to...

Over the course of my years of being a Mother I have woken up to many different sounds.
Babies crying, kids whispering in my ear, Justin's alarm clock going off in the early morning hours, the sound of tiny feet running across the tile to get to my room..........to name a few.
Our kids are early risers so it's been a while since I regularly set an alarm clock. I guess last year for about 9 months I woke up at 4:40 a.m. to go walking/running with my friend Mac. But since about March of this year we haven't been doing that so no alarm clock for me.
For awhile I was woken up by the sound of Mr. Grant on the monitor either crying or saying, "I need Daddy!" Yes he is quite the Daddy's Boy!
But for about a month now he has been sleeping in past when Kiersten gets up. So I have had the rare occasion of being woke up by the sound of Kiersten either playing the piano or her playing her violin. It isn't super loud because she is always in the front office with the door closed.
So it's just a gentle whisper of music that awakens me and I have to say it is a fabulous way to wake up...........way, way better then any alarm clock.
Last week I started to think about what an amazing person Kiersten is. I have always known that, but sometimes her behavior stands out so much that you can not deny that she is amazing.
Every morning, well weekday morning, without any reminder or asking, Kiersten gets up and heads straight for the front office. She either plays the piano or violin first then follows up by playing the other one. She is only 10 years old...........in fact she just turned 10 in August. How many 10 year olds are that dedicated or responsible? She knows I will reminder her to practice every morning but I never have to, she does it all on her own and when no one else is even awake.

She never ceases to amaze me!

Thank you Kiersten for being YOU! Because YOU are simply AMAZING!!!
I genuinely love the light that Kiersten shares with our family!
I love waking up to Kiersten's music..........it really brightens my day and helps me get through the 2 hours of kids fighting, kids arguing about what morning chores the other kid didn't do, kids being mad because they don't like the breakfast, Mr. Grant being a grouch and everything else that goes on before the kids leave for school.
Yea, I didn't want you thinking it was all music and roses around here.
But I have to say, the sounds I have been waking up to the past month tops my list that is for sure!

1 comment:

Susan and Don said...

You have a rare daughter indeed and I am glad to somewhat watch her grow up!