Sunday, June 3, 2012

"12 o'clock hair"

So this is a hard thing to admit.....

I might not be responsible enough to take a child out of town and this story surely proves it!

While in Phoenix at the Nuvo Dance Convention in March we were staying at a hotel in downtown Phoenix.  The first night we were there I set an alarm on my iPhone for 6:15 a.m.  

Kiersten and I went to bed around 10:00.....

soon enough the alarm on my phone goes off.  I woke up Kiersten so she could take a shower first.  I laid back in bed and dosed off.  Kiersten comes out of the bathroom dressed in her dance clothes, hair in a towel and eyes sleepy.  I get up out of bed, thinking about just getting some clothes on to go eat breakfast at the hotel and then come back to take a shower and get ready.

I can not tell you  how glad I am that I did not go through with that idea.

Kiersten mentions how tired she is and that she isn't sure she'll have enough energy to dance.  
I agree I feel extremely tired as well.

I check the clock on the night stand....

12:00

Okay that must be wrong.

I go check my phone that is charging across the room...

12:00

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!

It is midnight....

I do not know how it happened but when I set the alarm for 6:15, because I checked and it was still set for 6:15, it somehow turned on an alarm for 12:00 p.m.

I could have died!

Poor Kiersten had two hours of sleep and then HER MOTHER woke her up and made her shower and get dressed.

Of course we were extremely excited to get 6 more hours of sleep.

Seriously next time I should probably send her with someone else.....she'd get a full nights sleep that way!  We joked about it all weekend.

Honestly we still joke about it.  I randomly ask her if she wants 12:00 hair or 6:00 hair.  Because washing your hair at midnight really makes a difference.

No comments: