Sunday, June 3, 2012

Nuvo Dance Convention


The last weekend in March Kiersten attended her first dance convention.  One of many I am sure.  It was at the Phoenix Convention Center.


It was a fun girls trip!
Kiersten crocheted on the drive down.  She has loved learning to crochet!


Doesn't she look adorable?


There were a dozen or so girls from her dance studio that attended the convention.  So it was fun for her to have friends to hang out with.

Kiersten and Felicity



Brynzee, Shaylin, Jalen, Callie, Reyanna and Kiersten

All these girls are so cute and I am so grateful Kiersten gets to be a part of company.
She just loves it and as she is my only daughter I am loving it as well.



I wasn't sure how the schedule went or how it all worked as this was our first convention.  But there ended up being time both days for me to catch a movie that was just a few blocks away.
One of the movies I saw was The Hunger Games which I LOVED!  I loved the books and was anticipating the release of the movie.  

It came out a couple of weeks earlier, but Justin was putting in so many hours at the office that I could never talk him into taking me.
He was a bit bummed that I went without him.  He read the books too and loved them.

  I told him a girl can only wait so long!



The dance convention was taught by several famous dancers.

Ray Leeper, Mark Meismer, Travis Wall, Sonya Tayeh, Denise Wall, Stacey Tookey, Chebar Williams, Kim McSwain, Ivan Koumaev, and Anthony Morigerato

These people have been on Dancing with the Stars, been back up dancers for User, Michael Jackson, Madonna, and many other singers I can not remember.

The weekend was very fun.  It was full of dancing, swimming at the hotel, eating yummy food, shopping and girl time!  I read a book by the pool, got to go to the movies and enjoyed every minute of watching Kiersten dance.

Thanks Kiersten for being by sweet daughter.

I love you!

  I have a very funny story about "12 o'clock hair" but I will write another post for it.  It took place on this trip and it just proves I might not be responsible enough to take a child out of town without someone accompanying me!

No comments: