Sunday, June 3, 2012

Who Hates A Thief?


Ummmm I DO!!!


So our trip to New York was awesome fun!


Our flight back to Phoenix didn't get in until 1:00 Arizona time which is 4:00 New York time.  We were defiantly on NY time after our week vacation.  When we got our luggage from luggage claim at Sky Harbor Justin noticed that one of the bags was unzipped about 1/3 of the way.  But being that we were half asleep he didn't think anything of it.


We stayed at a hotel over in Phoenix that night.  We got up about 11:00 the next morning and as I was getting ready I went to my luggage to get my jewelry out............hummmm must be in the other bag.  Checked all three bags not finding it.  And you know when you don't want to admit that something is missing you just recheck the bags.  So I rechecked every bag just sure the jewelry bag would "turn up."


Then the horror hit......


my whole bag of jewelry and watches was stolen!!!


Now remember I have my love of watches..........I know it sounds crazy and I kind of hate to admit
 it but I had 7, yes 7 watches in there.  Four of which were just purchased while in NY.


I couldn't decide if it would be better to SCREAM or CRY! So I cried!


The bag also contained my favorite jewelry and tons of it.  I packed tons of necklaces, bracelets, rings and earrings so I would have a selection to choose from while on our trip. It seriously made me sick to my stomach.  Justin got on the phone with Southwest Airlines and LaGuardia Airport.  We filed a claim but nothing sounded promising.


What a way to end such a wonderful trip.  I was however grateful it happened at the end of the trip and not the flight over.


I know it is just material stuff which doesn't matter in the big scheme of things.  But the fact that it was stolen from my bag is the part that is upsetting.


I try my best to not judge people and to ignore human error for the most part, but there are two things I hate and that is
 a Liar and a Thief!!!


Another reason it was so upsetting is because in the bag was my 1 carat diamond stud earrings that Justin gave me before we ever had kids.  They were my favorite earrings and most of the time I was wearing them.  It made me so mad, sad and sick to think about.  I knew it was going to take me years and years to replace most of the stuff in the bag, if ever.


I made an itemized list for the airport security but basically they said it was my fault for leaving anything valuable in my bag to begin with.  Absurd I tell you,  they practically strip search you and then you trust them with your belongings and they ROB YOU!!!


I told my friend Wendy about the whole thing and she suggested filing a claim with my home owners insurance. I was not hopeful but we did it any way.


Less then a month later Met Life sent me a check covering everything I had on my list and the prices I had listed.  There was a $500 deductible which they took out, but still it was a huge check!


I should be a spokes person for Met Life Insurance because as we went to get me new diamond earrings while in Phoenix I told every jewelry store about my story and about Met Life.


 I was able to get new earrings, a couple of watches, some jewelry and still have a stash of cash for future jewelry I find.


I still hate thief's but I now love Met Life! 

2 comments:

Missus Elle said...

I hate them too! But I'm so glad you could get some replacements!

anna said...

That's a horrible! I was sick to my stomach just reading it! But, at least there was a happy ending. Good things happen to good people. ;)