Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Dance Recital


Once again it was time for the Christmas Dance recital.  I love going to watch the routines the kids have been practicing for months.  The company dance really put on a production with their pieces.


Kiersten was asked by Jenny Rogers, the owner of the dance academy to have a spot light in her master's company lyrical number.
Kiersten was thrilled to say the least!  
This meant that for a few months she had an extra dance class with the master's.  The master's group is the oldest group in company......the senior girls.
Kiersten absolutely love it!
In the dance number, Kiersten danced with Rena DeLaCruz.  She is one of the dance instructors at the studio....she is awesome!  This was Kiersten's first lyrical dance routine.  There is something about lyrical dances, their drama and my little girl dancing a spot light that made my cry buckets of tears.  Justin even got choked up watching it.  It was beautiful! 
This number was the finale in both shows and I was so happy to get to see it twice.  Made me cry both times!


My friend Wendy helps behind stage and snapped a few shots for me.
This is Kiersten and some of the girls in her dance group.
They were the mice from the Nutcracker. 


Some of the Shupe girls and Kiersten


Logan is my dancing boy!
He dances all the time.  He kind of has a dance step to his walk.  
Man does this kid LOVE the stage!  The more people yell and scream the more into his dance he gets.  And he is all smiles when he is up there.
The boys danced a hip hop number, tap number and where in the gymnastic routine as well.

Wendy didn't catch Hunter behind stage to take his picture :(


The weather was quite nice for December.
I really love going to my kids dance recitals.  
They all make me so proud!

No comments: