Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Nutcracker

I had several things I had to do in the Mesa area the beginning of December and thought it would be fun to take Kiersten to see The Nutcracker since I was going to be down there any way.  Especially considering that is what the company dancers are doing for the Christmas recital this year.  Kiersten will be a soldier and a mouse from the play in her recital.
So after having a fun time visiting Aunt Carol we grabbed an early dinner, shopped a little at Target and then headed to Symphony Hall in Phoenix.  I was hoping to have time to get changed into fancier clothes but I started to get a bad headache in Target and decided just to go as we were.

 (December 7, 2012)

I just love spending time with Kiersten!



She is a sweetheart and appreciates everything you do for her.  I love that about her!


We were so excited to see The Nutcracker!
Kiersten doesn't really walk....she more dances everywhere she goes.
Just try taking her to Walmart, the grocery store or heaven forbid the mall with all it's music playing from the stores!
She is my dancing girl!


We got mesmerized by all the fancy nutcrackers for sale we had to buy a couple.  Hunter has wanted a nutcracker for years.....don't ask me why but around Christmas time for several years he has wanted to buy one (I always have talked him out of it). Even though he continues to want one.  He had yet to get one so Kiersten wanted to surprise the boys with a cool nutcracker! What a sweet sister.........she kept saying how much Hunter would have loved to have seen all the fancy nutcracker for sale.  



We LOVED it!
My favorite part was the snowflake dance....it is so impressive how they make it look like it's actually snowing on stage.  And in a way that is even better then snowing, its like a glittering, sparkly wonderland on stage all while dancers are dancing!
Just gorgeous!
I loved when Kiersten would lean over to me and whisper, "this is the dance part I get to do at the recital."



The next day was a full one.  Had a photo shoot in the morning, then the last of my Christmas shopping to do.
This was a sandcastle at the Mill mall.  Super impressive! 
 Of course Kiersten wanted to take pictures for the boys to see!



What a awesome display for your picture with Santa!


We loved all the details!
It was a wonderful weekend for sure!

No comments: