Monday, October 7, 2013

Albuquerque Trip

I have wanted to take the kids to the Hot Air Balloon Festival in Albuquerque New Mexico for years now, but never seem to find the time.  Well I have been wanting to get a few weekend trips in before the baby comes so this was the year for us to finally make it to see the hot air balloons.
Man we were not disappointed it was a FABULOUS trip!!!



Always fun when the hotel has special hot air balloon cookies upon your arrival.  The kids thought that was awesome!  Okay who am I kidding so did I......and they even tasted yummy!



The first day we decided to go to the evening show of the hot air balloons.  During the day we took the kids Hinkle Family Fun Center.



It wasn't very busy there so we really enjoyed it.  Our family got to be the only ones on the bumper boats and got to take an extra long time.  The kids thought that was super fun!  We had a great time bumping into each other!



I sure love this man!  He is so good to give in to all my fun crazy ideas!
Starting to feel prego....... 6 months along in this picture!



Grant is a huge fan of these trampoline sling shot things.  A few people commented on how high he was jumping for being so little.  It was great cause the kids could go on the rides as many times as they wanted........and no lines to wait in!!!



Hunter showed off his flips.  
I wanted to have a turn but thought I might pee my pants so I didn't try it.



Hunter is always in hog heaven when he is doing something with his dad!
Looks to me like Justin is pretty happy himself from this picture!



Kiersten showing her gymnastic skills!



After some games we play a friendly game of goofy golf.........pretty entertaining with a 4 year old I must say!!!



I was a nicer goofy golf course for sure.
I sure love spending time with these kiddos!



So I mentioned goofy golfing with a 4 year old being entertaining!  Yeah I wasn't kidding!  On the second to last hole Grant decides to fall in the water and get COMPLETELY SOAKED.........FROM HEAD TO TOE!  Shoes, socks, underwear, you name it, it was soaked!!!



It was a cooler day in Albuquerque..........in the 50's.  Nice but not comfortable if you were completely wet.  We were headed straight to the festival and not planning to back track to the hotel before hand plus I didn't have a complete extra outfit and definitely not extra shoes.  So we made a quick stop at Target to get Grant a whole new outfit!



He was FREEZING COLD!
I told Justin it's not right.  Next time I am going to jump in the water so I can get a whole new outfit......complete with shoes!!! Ha, ha, ha.....



The kids just had to try out these human hamster balls.  They had a blast rolling around in them.



Waiting for the balloons to launch.



Mr. Grant in his new outfit from head to toe!



We couldn't pass up this "Party Donut".  I'd never heard of such a thing...........it was definitely a party after the kids ate it.



It was awesome to see the "Evening Glow".  Due to it being too windy they weren't able to launch the balloons.  We were disappointed of course.  It was fun to see some of them fired up in the dark of the night.  We decided to be brave and try coming back EARLY the next morning to hopefully get to watch some balloons actually launch.  That proved to be a tiring yet fabulous decision. 

No comments: