Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

The boys school was having their annual field trip, only this year they decided to go to a pumpkin patch in Tucson instead of Apple Annie's outside of Wilcox.  Being that I am 6 months pregnant I decided not to sign up to help drive kids this year.  Two days before the field trip I get a call from Ms. Purcell, Hunter's teacher, asking me if there was any way I could drive.
Of course I can't say no and so I ended up being a driver.  Actually Hunter's teacher rode with us as well.  It was really fun to get to know her better.  She is a really neat lady who has been through a lot.  So in the end I was grateful I could make the trip, even if it did kill my sciatic nerve to sit for that long in the car.
When they said the pumpkin patch was in Tucson they really meant 45 minutes past Tucson.  It took a good 3 hours to get there.  And then after such a long drive the pumpkins weren't that good and there was really nothing else to it.  No snow cones to buy, no kettle corn, no apple butter, no corn kernels to play in, nothing.  It was a real let down and for sure I will never go there again!



After seeing that there were no big pumpkins to get Hunter decided to pick the one that looked like an apple.  And if he's happy so am I!



This was my crew for the day!  Basically we drove for 6 hours total to be out of the car for about an hour and a half.  It was ridiculous!  But the kids were easy and boy was I glad I didn't bring Grant.  He wouldn't of been happy with all that driving and such little time out of the car.



It was fun to spend the day with my cute boys!


Bodie, Declan, Hunter, Madison and Logan

No comments: