Sunday, October 11, 2015

International Hot Air Balloon Festival

I wanted to do something fun with the kids over part of Fall Break. So I decided to take them to the Hot Air Balloon Festival in Albuquerque. 



I let Hunter invite his bff, Brodie Brown to come with us. 



It is so worth waking up at 3:45 in the morning to get here early to see all the balloons launch. 



These two boys crack me up!  They sat in the back seat on the van and learned card tricks the whole drive. They were too cool with their matching Mohawks!  They picked those out the night before when I treated everyone to Dave and Busters. They actually got asked about 5 times if people could take pictures either of them or with them. They really felt famous there for a while! 



I love my Hunter! 



The special shaped balloons are my favorite! 



It's crazy to think these are able to launch in the air. 



The different designs and colors of balloons is phenomenal! 


I was sad when Kiersten asked if she could stay home. She even offered to babysit Ella though so I knew she needed a break. There is a lot of pressure on her and I know having a girl exchange student staying with us has only added to that pressure. So even though I wanted Kiersten to come, I totally understood her desire to be at home chillin'! 



We are enjoying having Mona with us this year!  We are trying our best to adjust and help her to relax!  She sure came with a lot of "baggage" and I have to remind her that we don't get mad easily. I feel bad about the relationship she has with her dad and brother, but at the same time it amazes me how much those relationships affect her behavior and insecurities here in the U.S. 
I hope Mona is able to realize we just want her to be herself!  She can be sweet and a lot of fun.



It truly is a neat experience being down on the field right next to the balloons as they are filling and being launched. 



Those Mohawks made it easy to find Hunter and Brodie. Kind of wished the other boys had some on. 



There were roughly 200 balloons launch this morning! 



The day we went this year there wasn't as many character shaped balloons but I think that is because it was the last day of the festival.



Oh how I love Grant.  He sure had a great time collecting the cards from each balloon.



We just can not get over how cool the shaped balloons are! 

Ella would have LOVED the kitty balloon!



 I mean look at that pirate ship!


The kids even got the chance to get inside on of the baskets.  This team wouldn't give out the collection cards without you getting in their basket.



The boys needed a picture with Mohawk man!



One of my favorite balloons this year!



Logan needed a picture with his chocolate chip pancakes!



We stopped by the Albuquerque temple. 



It is always fun to see different temples when you go places.



Logan and Mona really do share a great bond.  They always have a fun time joking around together.  I has been so fun watching their relationship blossom as Mona get more comfortable around the kids. She is a sweet girl!



These boys all seriously drank these icy's during the movie!  It had been such a great trip!  Kiersten needed a break so she volunteered to stay home and keep Ella for me.  I was sure bummed because I really really missed having her on this trip!

No comments: