Saturday, October 3, 2015

San Juan, Porto Rico

We had most of the day to spend in San Juan before catching our early evening flight.  


Justin and I enjoyed breakfast at Carthage Express.  There was this cool little train that delivered your food to you if you were sitting at the bar area.  Oh man our kids would have love it!


The nutella banana french toast was delicious!


One of my favorite things was doing the food tour in San Juan.  I am going to have to remember to find more food tours when we are in new places.


The waffle was savory.  Obviously I liked it because I ate half of it before I thought to take a picture.



This popsicle joint was pretty sweet.  My kids would have loved it!


It was popsicle stick kind of day.....whatever that means.  I totally just made that up :)


This is the narrowest apartment in the world.  It is literally the width of the yellow paint.  Crazy!


This picture gives me nightmares!



Loved all the art and culture in San Juan.


This was like a potato taco and it was delicious.


These were yummy was well.  Really everything we ate was so good!  It was so neat to get to try so many different foods.  Without going on this tour  there is no way we'd have experienced that.


Oh how I love this man! So glad we were able to get away together and with such fun couples!


The road almost had a metallic look to it.  So pretty!



This place we got to smash plantains and spices.


It made a yummy mixture much like the consistence of masa.


Justin liked getting to play with his food......lol!



I fell in love with the cobble stone roads and this tree!


Last stop was for a pina colada.   The other couples were all shocked when so many of us order them virgin pina coladas.  Our guide said it was the first time he had more than one couple do that.  Yeah we are mormon and we stand out.
#notabadthing


Loves my cruise peeps!


Us with our tour guide.....I am just going to say his name was Juan.  Really I can't remember his name but he was good.


My facial expression is just fraction of how I was really feeling.  These pigeons swarmed us and we had to walk through them.  There was no way to go around them our tour guide said.  Yeah right I think he just liked seeing us ladies scream!

It was funny once we made it though
.

I was all smiles once I made it through those dang birds.


We are a good looking group!  Seriously the funnest couples!


Yes there are like 14 pictures of us eating......it was a fun 4 hours what can  I say!


This is my friend Juan.


Love these two......and they are friends with Juan too.





After the food tour we went to Cathedral Metropolitana Basilica de San Juan Bautista.
The stain glass was gorgeous!



Us and Lori and Justin Reed decided to keep touring San Juan because we had time before our flight. The other two couples went to the airport early.


We all figured we might as well spend our time seeing more sights instead of the inside of an airport.


Castillo San Felipe del Morro is where we ended up.  It was so cool!


I always love seeing the impressive building they were able to build.  This was built back in the 16th century by the Spanish.


It was fun to imagine a solider standing post here watching for approaching enemies.  I wish I was a history buff.  It all interested me but I can't keep things straight.   


This picture holds so much memory!  It has to be an epic picture.  This bell is on the top level of the castle.  We jokingly told Justin Reed he should ring it.  And in his defense there is no sign telling you not to.  So he goes and rings the bell.  It echoes through the entire castle.  Then someone on the loud speaker starts saying, "DO NOT RING THE BELL!  You will be fined and prosecuted if you continue to ring the bell.  It is a historical monument and not meant to be rang."  They just kept going on and on giving a lecture to whomever rang that dang bell.  
We were DYING!!!  Seriously we were crying we were laughing so hard.  It was hilarious!


It was great spending the afternoon with Lori and Justin.  We need to find time to do more stuff with them.  It sure was a fun filled day in San Juan!



No comments: