Monday, August 3, 2009

Boy Howdy, Garrett Turns One!

Marla's baby, Garrette, turned one on the 24th of July and so the Saturday after our trip to Flagstaff we had a BIG HOEDOWN for him in Mesa. It took a lot of planning and prep work because a lot had to be done before the Hoyt's even flew in to Phoenix. I was glad to help Marla with the party.................as we all know I LOVE a GOOD THEMED PARTY!!!
This is the new sheriff in town. Garrette is so adorable and just the happiest baby! He cuddles and laughs.............makes me anxious to have my own little guy to love on every minute of the day! HOWDY YA ALL!! He is just so precious!
This is Carson Hoyt! He is such a cute three year old and Logan's new best friend. They are quite the pair!
Hats off we're havin' a PARTY!!!
The table decorations turned out great I thought.
The food was delicious..............BBQ meat with rolls, coleslaw, beans, veggies with spinach dip and some good rootbeer to top it off with.
Aubrey holding one of the "pigs" that the kids took turns rounding up. Logan striking a pose for me!
Hunter being a cowboy riding a "cow balloon!" Very bad drawing of a cow face I know but I was in a HUGE hurry trying to get the center pieces done so you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.................right? And you don't make fun I might add!
Nolan looking rather handsome. He lost his first tooth that same day. Isn't his toothless grin adorable.
Logan loved "hiding" behind his cowboy hat. Pretty tricky there pardner!
Hunter and Carson. Carson had a fabulous time sticking most of the toothpicks in rolls and giving them to people as "birthday cakes!" It was so cute no one could even be mad at him.
This is one happy cowboy!
These are the cans I made for the center pieces. They are also the gift bags for the guests. I thought they turned out so stinkin' cute!
Stud man Rieley taking a minute of his precious time to pose for me.
Grammie and Avry. Avry looks so much like my mom it's not even funny!
Milking the cow game. The kids LOVED this game! Found this cow right here in Pima, BoY hOwDy! And man was I glad because they meant I didn't have to make one!
Wow..........I really shouldn't be in front of the camera at this point in the game. I was in charge of the roundin' up the pigs game.
This is the "pen" where the pigs had to be rounded up into.
They had a lot of friends show up and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.
This is Hunter having his turn to round up the pigs.
Even with a hurt hand he could wrestle those greasy pigs!
Nolan just givin' that pig a toss!
Kiersten having her shot at milkin' the cow.
Uncle Troy and Warren having a pretty intense gunny sack race. Not sure who won.................probably depends on who you ask!
Hunter felt left out because he couldn't do the gunny sack race with his possible broken hand so he's dad gave him a little help and it just made his night!
Kiersten and Nolan having fun old fashion style!
Hunter and Garrette, the man of the evening!
Garrette getting ready to blow out his candle.
It was fun to watch Garrette devour the big piece of cake he got. Man that cowboy can eat!
Hunter really liked the milkin' the cow game. He wants to have a farm party sometime just so we can play this and roundin' up the pigs game again. They were all a big hit with the kids.
Hunter asked later if we could get a real cow because he was so good at milking the pretend one. Hmmmm............I'll have to think about that one Bud..................OK No not going to happen!

No comments: