Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Grammies Mother's Day Surprise

Kiersten has been learning to crochet in her Bridges class.  I love that our school has the Bridges program in it......so awesome.  Kiersten decided to make a crochet corsage for my mom to wear to church on Mother's Day!

Kiersten made all of the flowers and leaves herself.......thanks to Mrs. Kim Skinner who looked up how to make the leaves for this project!
Isn't it so cute?


Kiersten has had a few requests for her to make others for headbands for little girls.  She knows how to crochet headbands as well.....won't they be so cute?  Kiersten is happy to take any requests for some if anyone is interested.....$6 and you pick the color of flowers!

When we gave it to my mom you would have thought that it was worth $100,000.  She was so grateful for it and loved it so much!

On our drive home Kiersten talked the whole way about Grammy Boswell.  Without me initiating the conversation, Kiersten talked about how "grateful Grammy Boswell always is.  It's doesn't matter what it is you give her she acts like it is something highly valuable.  Even a small inexpensive box of chocolates means a lot to her.  You could give her anything and I think she would be thankful to get it. "  Kiersten expressed to me how impressed she is with "Grammy's wonderful grateful heart."
Kiersten said she "doesn't know anyone else that is so thankful for such simple things!"  And I couldn't agree more. 
 My mom is the most grateful person I know!
I love that Kiersten noticed this characteristic of my mom all on her own!


No comments: