Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Piano Recital

This is Kiersten and Hunter's second year of taking piano lessons.
At the beginning of the school year as Hunter was having to practice both Piano and violin every morning before school he complained to me.  I sat him down and told him that I didn't care if he quit one.  But that once he made his decision that he had to stick with it through out the whole year.  A day or so later, Hunter came to me and said, "Mom I decided to stay in both piano and violin."
I asked him what changed his mind about quiting piano?
He said, "he couldn't picture Kiersten getting to go to Tracy's house and him not get to go too!"
I really appreciate Tracy Brown being such an amazing piano teacher and friend to my kids.

They just LOVE her!

And I love her for being so good to my kids.

This year she started the Gila Valley Youth Choir Group and started doing the books for her husbands business.  Because of these responsibilities she had to cut back on her piano lessons and she had to completely quit giving voice lessons.  I was thrilled when she said she would keep my kids.  It wasn't until the recital that I realized my kids are the only kids she kept that aren't related to her.

That to me speaks volumes about my kids.

She tells me all the time how "great they are and that she would adopt them in a heart beat!"
I appreciate her a lot!

Thanks Kiersten and Hunter for being such great kids!
They played their pieces from memory without mistakes and I was so proud of them.  They didn't even seem nervous this time!
The kids were excited that both their Grammy's came to watch them play.
Great job kids!

No comments: