Tuesday, October 2, 2012

And the Parting Continues....


Once the kids turn 5 we no longer do both an extended family party and a friends party.
Number one reason is because it's just too expensive and as Justin puts it, I don't know how to throw a generic party.  Ha, ha....
So Mr. Grant got his family party.




It started out with some fun digging in the dirt.


Mr. Grant really enjoyed burying Ashley.
We were they suppose to make bird houses.  I had bought kits for each kid to make.  But Justin was having some severe allergies and his eyes were swollen shut.  He slept on the couch the whole party.  So we decided to just send the kits home with the families and they could make them for Family Home Evening.


After much playing and fun it was time for "cake" or in this case dirt brownies.
I think the Mississippi Mud Brownies were a bigger hit then cake would have been.


I sure love my Mr. Grant.  I can't believe he is already three.
Where has the time gone?
I love Doyle's smile in this picture.


From the looks of this picture I am really glad the candles were not on the brownies  because I think a little spit might have been what actually put them out!


Mommy and Mr. Grant


I sure love Tif!
She is pretty much a party in and of herself so if you add her to a party it's like double the fun!


Before long it was dark and time for presents.


Can't go wrong with something with wheels with a little boy!


Since my mom just had a round of chemo a couple of days before her and my dad didn't come, and both Gloria and Brad had sick kids so basically it was a Cluff cousins party.
Amy gave Mr. Grant this cute candy gram.........he loved it!


It reads....
 Mr. Grant (Mr. Goodbar) There are many reasons (raisins) why you are not a nerd (nerds). You are a star (starburst). It's up to you (UP2U gum) to have a happy birthday day.


Money was a BIG hit with the birthday boy!
It was a fun party even if the main craft had to be canceled.
Happy Birthday Mr. Grant!



No comments: