Friday, March 8, 2013

The Polar Express

I was very excited to surprise the kids with a trip to the North Pole this Christmas!
We took the kids out of school the last day before Christmas break and headed up to Williams, Arizona to ride on The Polar Express to the North Pole!


This is actually a sandcastle in the Mills Mall that Kiersten and I took a picture of a week before our trip!
Isn't it so cool?

Dec 19
We were all so excited about this trip! We got to our hotel in Williams and got changed into pjs and then it was off to the train ride.


Justin wasn't sure if he was going to be able to get away from the office until the morning we left.  He had to put in some insane hours to make it work but not seeing him for a couple of weeks before this trip was worth it.  Because we got him all to ourselves for three days! YIPPEE!
Thanks Babe for all you do for us!  You are the BEST!



Waiting for the train ride to start........the thrill and anticipation building with every minute!



The kids really wanted Peppp to come on the trip with us so they sent a letter with him back to Santa one night.  They were ecstatic that Santa granted Peppp permission to come with us and that the kids could touch him while on the trip.
It made for some special memories.........they even made him a comfortable bed in a bowl, complete with dolly blankets and everything.



I just love these four little ones!
They are my whole world!
They are such amazing kids and I don't know what I did in the preexistence to deserve them but I am more then grateful they are mine!




Once the train ride began cookies and hot chocolate were passed out.  The cookies were yummy and the hot chocolate was well pretty much water with a hint of cocoa.
Our kids were so excited about being on the Polar Express!




It was fun how close to the movie they try and make it.  The ticket guy came around and punched our tickets.



Once we made it to the North Pole we saw Santa Clause and Mrs. Clause.  Then the train stops and starts heading back.  When we passed only Mrs. Clause was standing there but Santa wasn't.



They had us sing Christmas carols all together from the books they passed out.  Our kids really got into singing.  They were all so thrilled and filled with the excitement of Christmas.  For me my Christmas was made in these few hours on a train with my kids.  Because it was completely magical!



Grant was so cute trying to sing all the Christmas carols.
I loved every minute of it!



When Santa entered the train car the excitement turned to pure thrill!!!



The kids were so happy with their bells!!



Justin and I were just as happy to get our own bells!
I can for sure hear the jingle in my bell!
I am a believer in Santa because it's like I tell my older kids, it makes Christmas funner if you believe!


Look at Hunter just singing away!  


It was such a magical night for us!
I hope we can do it again next year!
Not sure there will ever be a more magical Polar Express for our little family.  So I am very grateful for this memory!
I love my family!
And I love the Christmas season and how we seem to focus more on the important things in life around this time.




Hunter found someones snow fort.  He just needed a picture of him in it!


The kids were loving all the snow on the ground.
So glad we were able to take this trip together as a family!

No comments: