Saturday, March 23, 2013

Carlsbad Caverns, NM



On our drive home from Dallas we decided to stop at Carlsbad Caverns.


It was nice to break up the drive home for sure, even thought Carlsbad was a little out of the way.  We even stayed at a Ghetto hotel which added to the experience.


We didn't know quite what to expect….boy were we impressed with the massiveness to this cave.


The natural entrance is really cool.  It's quite the hike down and boy were we glad there was an elevator to take us back up.  Grant wasn't going to make the hike back out without being carried and that wouldn't have been much fun for Justin or myself.


The formations hanging from the ceiling of the cave are just amazing!


This is called the Whale Mouth
Very fitting I'd say.  It was really neat to read all the signs and see what the structures were named.  Once you read the name of them you really could see why.


It was such a fun experience to be inside the cave!  The temperature was nice a cool which was great since it was a good workout hiking down so far.


The kids loved it!


This is when I wish I had packed my good camera.
It was absolutely gorgeous and impressive!


It was definitely worth driving a little out of the way to come experience this.


I loved listening to my kids talk about what they were seeing and listen to their questions.
They really enjoyed reading what the different formations were called.


I think the kids favorite part of our trip was actually hiking through Carlsbad.


It was a fun Spring Break and I can't think of any other way I'd rather spend my time then with my sweet little family!
Thanks Justin for taking the time off and making it such a great week for us!

No comments: