Sunday, March 10, 2013

Christmas Finally Came for Grant

One of Mr. Grant's Christmas presents this year was a trip to Disneyland with just MOM!  He has asked me almost daily when I am taking him to Disneyland.  Ever since I took the kids this past summer to Disneyland, and not him, he has been wanting to go and he constantly reminds me he wants to go.   So you can imagine his excitement when he heard he was getting to FINALLY go to DISNEYLAND!!! 
 I have to say I have been looking forward to this trip as much, if not more, then Mr. Grant!



This was also Grant's first time on an airplane.  He was thrilled to get to ride in the airplane.  He LOVES airplanes and helicopters.  This picture was at 5:00 in the morning and look how happy he is!  He was thrilled to have his own pack of gum for the flight and he loved watching the airplanes land while we waited for our flight.



We made it to our hotel, Park View Inn, at 9:00 in the morning so we decided to head on over to Disneyland while we waited for our room to be available.  Grant was beyond excited!!!
He loved every ride we went on.....this was waiting to ride Autotopia.  He had a blast driving the car.



The standard Disneyland picture.  Too bad the train station was under construction.



It was just what my soul needed a trip to Disneyland with Grant!
It was AMAZING!
One ride I really like is Peter Pan.  After getting off that ride for the first time Grant said, "Mom, let do it again.  That made me sooooo HAPPY!!!!"
I couldn't agree more and so we rode it again!


Grant could not wait to make it over to California Adventure to get to see Cars Land and to get to ride what he calls "Mater ride".....Mater's junkyard jamboree!  



Several time through out the weekend Grant told me, 
"Mom, I neber leaving this place!"



Grant gives Mater's ride a Big thumbs up!



As soon as we got on the ride and buckled up Grant said, "Hold on mom this is gonna be FUN!"
And as soon as the ride was done he said, "Let's do that again!"
And so we did!
During our three days at Disneyland I can't count the number of times we rode this ride.  Good thing the wait was never longer then 10 minutes!!



Doesn't that look like one Happy Boy?
He sure is a good traveler!



Grant loved seeing all the cars and always wanted to get his picture taken by them.


Mater is for sure Grant's favorite Cars character.  So when he saw Mater he started jumping and screaming!  It was so fun to be with Grant for the weekend and enjoy his fun, happy personality!


Little too much fun!
I really enjoyed living like a three year old for the weekend.  Every day we would walk back to our hotel and take a nap.  I could get use to that....ha, ha!


Grant LOVES Mickey Mouse!
We watches Mickey Mouse Club House several times a week so meeting Mickey was a high light!



Grant just kept hugging him and hugging him!



The trip wouldn't have been complete without getting to meet him.  Glad we met him the first day so we didn't have to worry about it!



The weekend was full of too much yummy food!  Really going to make going back to the gym hard :)
But really that's part of a vacation to me......eating things you normally don't let yourself indulge in on such a grant scale!  Plus rice crispy treats at Disneyland are one of my favorites!


Many times during our weekend, I would look down at Grant holding my hand and it really made me wish I could freeze time!  Actually what he really liked doing was holding my pinkie finger and ring finger together.  I just loved it!  

I plan to do a better job of enjoying my kids and playing with my kids, each and everyday!
This trip helped me in so many ways and really was just what my heart needed!



Mickey's Fun Wheel was a little scary for Grant but once he got use to it he LOVED it!
Can't you tell he is having the time of his life with his smile!



It was all thumbs up once he was use to going so high!


What a handsome guy!
Glad I got to spend my whole weekend with just him!  I love doing things with my kids on an individual level so that you can focus just on them!  Plus one kid is a cinch!


Toy Story Mania was one of Grant's other favorite ride.  He also loved the Buzz Lightyear ride.  Pretty much if he got to shoot things on the ride he wanted to ride it again and again and again.




I could just go on and on about how cute Grant was on this trip. Okay I will!
It was the cutest thing, when Grant would be waiting for a ride or even just walking around he held his hands like this picture.  He never does this at home but the whole trip this is what he did with his hands, held them like he was holding his own hand  It was adorable!



We couldn't come to Disneyland without having a churro.  Good thing Grant ate most of it so I didn't consume too many calories from it!



Of course we had to take a picture in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

One day we were buying a few things in one of the shops on Main Street.  An older gentlemen was checking us out and he gave Grant a button. 

 Without me saying a word, Grant said, "Thank you berry much!"

I guess that impressed the guy because he then got another button and told Grant that "Mickey Mouse had told him to keep this special button until Grant came in."

Grant said, "Thank you!"

He was very excited about his two buttons.

About 30 seconds later Grant said, "Hey guy, I'm gonna buy you a hotdog!  And you're gonna like it!!!"

It was the funniest thing ever!

The gentleman told me, "I see people all day long, children and adults, but your little guy has more personality then any one I've met in a long time!  I love him! He is a keeper for sure!"

As we walked out I could over hear the gentlemen telling the story to two of his coworkers.



What a great kid! Looks like such an angel in this picture doesn't he?
And yes he was holding his hands like that without me saying a word to him about it!
Too Cute!



I had to wake Grant up from his nap to make it to see the Pixar Play Parade.



Boy was I glad I did because he loved it!


He was so happy to see Mater in the parade!


Such a fun trip!


I was worried Grant wouldn't sit for the Aladdin show especially after waiting in line for about 25 minutes for it to start.  But he LOVED it!
It is such a great show!




It wouldn't be a trip if someone didn't get hurt.
One morning Grant woke up and tripped over the pillows on the floor and fell right in to the desk.
He got a pretty bad goose egg and a red mark on his cheek.
Poor guy!  It hurt him really bad!


Our hotel was right next to IHop so we enjoyed breakfast there a couple of days.



Grant said, "Mom it's a pancake party today!"
This kid loves pancakes!
Every morning we went there he ordered what he wanted all by himself. 
 It was so cute!  The waitresses thought it was adorable!


If there was another character Grant wished to meet it would be Pluto!
So glad we found him!



Grant even pick out a Pluto stuffed animal as his souvenir.
He's holding it in the picture.....so fun to get to meet the real Pluto!



We got lucky and got to see Sexy Rexy!  He is awesome.....so glad I got to see him!




We loved watching Mickey's Soundsational Parade!
Grant enjoyed his Large corn dog as we waited for the parade to start.
When ever we were waiting for a ride or waiting for something to start Grant would play games with me.  He loved blowing in my hair and face.  And laughed so hard when I would do it to him.  He would also give me kisses all over my face!
Those are the moments I will treasure forever!


Disneyland is such a fun place!



Thanks Walt for creating a place "where parents and children can have fun together!"
Because that's just what we did!

While we were waiting at the airport for our plane to leave Orange County, Grant was once again, enjoying watching the airplanes landing and taking off.
He came running over to me and said, "Mom I just saw a plane and it was going...." he thought for a moment...."SUPER COMPUTER FAST!!!"

The old man sitting by us asked me if Grant said what he thought he said.  So I repeated what Grant said.  The man just started laughing.  He said, "What a kid!  He's cute and funny!  Be careful someone would steal him in a heartbeat!"

I love my Mr. Grant!!



Thanks Justin for letting us take this trip and thanks mom for helping me with the other kids back at home!  They were looking forward to going to Grammy Boswell's house.  The other kids were such good sports about me taking just Grant.  Of course they all wanted to come but I never got complaints from any of them!

1 comment:

Us said...

So fun! I can't believe we didn't see each other! Autotopia and Mater's ride were Carter's favorite rides. He wasn't too excited about the other ones that were dark though. You little guy is SO cute!