Sunday, March 24, 2013

Fun Little Trip

We needed to meet our builder down in Phoenix on Saturday to pick out a few things for the basement.  Since Justin had a doctors appointment over in Tucson Friday evening we decided to just make a big loop around and make a weekend out of it.
My dad ended up Thursday night going to the ER, they thought he had a heart attack.  They were going to fly him out but the weather was too bad so they took him by ambulance.  It was around 11:30 p.m. by the time he left.  I went home to quickly back myself a bag and also back the rest of the family for the weekend.  Talk about a mad rush!  My mom was coming to pick me up as soon as she packed her bag.  I managed to get everything backed by the time she got there.  I back myself a little bag, the boys all a bag for our weekend trip and Kiersten a separate bag as she was having a girls weekend with Grammy Cluff and the girl cousins.

I drove my mom over to TMC and got there around 3:00 a.m.
My dad wasn't in a room yet still waiting in the ER.
They did say that he didn't have a full heart attack.  He was having some internal bleeding, either in his intestines or stomach and it caused his heart to be strained.  Good news!
He did have to have an NG tube placed down his nose which is extremely painful.  Crazy enough it was only three months ago that my mom had a blockage in her intestines and had to have the same thing, an NG tube.  Except hers happened while she was going through chemotherapy.  So it was extra rough!
I must say that in the past year my parents sure have kept me busy with healthy problems.  It's no fun watching helplessly while your parent suffers.  I am always so grateful to be able to help out and stay with them in the hospital during these difficult times.  My amazing mother-in-law and wonderful husband are the reasons I have been able to be there with my parents.  And I will forever be grateful for their help!

My dad had to spend a few days in the hospital but made a full recovery.

Justin ended up coming and picking me up at TMC before his doctors appointment that Friday evening.  I had only slept about an hour so I was pretty much delirious!  That and the fact that I am on some crazy hormone pills made for quite a time!

(Jan 4th)

The boys and I were starving so Justin dropped us off at Mr. An's for some teppanyaki.
This was the boys first time at a teppanyaki restaurant. 
 Boy were they impressed!


Mr. Grant was wickly good with his kids chop sticks.  It was so funny because he could eat with his way better than the older boys.
He loved eating with the chop sticks.



Of course he found other things to do with the chop sticks as well. He is three remember!



I really love teppanyaki!
Entertainment and dinner right in front of you......how can you beat that?



Love the volcano!




The boys were all thrilled with the whole experience.


This would be Hunter catching a shrimp.  See the shrimp flying in the air?  He actually caught it on the first try and was so excited!!!
It was a wonderful dinner even though I looked like death.
One lady who sat at our table said, "Oh sweetie you look like you've just pulled a night shift and a day shift right in a row."
I told her, "Yep that's pretty much what I did!'
I was relieved to explain why I looked so bad :)

From there it was on the Phoenix to stay the night.  Ends up that there was a huge accident on I10 so we were rerouted.  What should have been a 1 1/2 hour drive to our hotel ended up being a 4 hour experience.  Of course we were grateful we weren't the ones in the accident but man was I ready to lay down in an actual bed.




Next day I was feeling much better and we headed out to meet our builder.  After picking out several things we headed to some furniture stores.
Logan finds this chair and is in "love"!
He is so funny!
He told me all the reasons he "needed" this exact chair in his room.
Yay, bud not gonna to happen!


We decided to stay the whole weekend. Of course that involved jumping on the hotel beds in your underwear!  My boys think it's really something special to get to do that and the fact that I let them do it in just their underwear some how added to the excitement. 
Only rule....DON'T LAND ON DAD! 


The next morning Justin would not wake up so I decided to let him sleep and that I would take the boys to breakfast some where.  Cheesecake factory it was.



Really good morning......kisses from Mr. Grant and these two handsome guys sitting across from me!


Hunter gave his fancy french toast a thumbs up!
We let Justin sleep in til check out, 12:00........he was pretty happy about that!



Since the boys had been really good sports the day before with all our shopping we treated them to Xtreme Air!  One of our new favorite spots in the valley.



The boys were happy they had earned this treat.  Hunter has been talking about this place since his birthday trip with his dad.


It was an immediate hit with Logan and Grant!
So needless to say it was an eventful long weekend!
So grateful my dad is doing good and got released from the hospital in just a few days.

No comments: