Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Logan's Big Day

With having two older siblings get baptized I'd say Logan has been looking forward to this day for years!  It was so fun to drive around with him and let him personally deliver his invitations.  He was all dressed up in his black suit and looked like a great future missionary!



These were his invitations……I think they turned out great!
The actual invitations were cut out with a cool design, which really added to the invitation.
As he would run to deliver an invitation and then run back to the car he kept telling me how excited he was to be getting baptized!  It was great to see that enthusiasm bubbling inside of him!



Logan was so excited when we took these photos with his dad.



He thought the little jumpsuit was so cool!  It made him even more excited about his baptism then he already had been.



I love this picture!
I am so grateful that Justin is a worthy priesthood holder who is able to perform this important ordinance of baptism.


The front cover of Logan's baptism programs turned out great!
Pretty easy with such great pictures of this handsome guy!




What a great day it was for our entire family.
Kiersten did a beautiful job on her violin piece.  
Thanks Angela for accompanying her on the piano.



We are so thankful to have the priesthood bless are home.


We sure love our Logan!
He adds so much to our family!
He is going to make a fabulous missionary one day.  He is already a missionary to those he is around.  He has a great personality and everyone loves him!



Logan was very happy to get a journal from the primary president.
By the time we got home from his baptism and dinner at Casa afterwards Logan really wanted to write in his journal.  He was tired and I knew with his little 2nd grade writing skills that it might take him awhile to write about his baptism.
We decided he would tell me what to write so I could write it down and then tomorrow he could copy it into his journal.  



These were his exact thoughts…. all I did was write them down.

Logan's Journal Entry Following his Baptism

"After I went under the water I felt like a missionary.  It made me feel happy!  I learned about the gospel at my baptism.  It was lots of fun getting baptized.  Getting baptized is important to me!  I liked the talk that Grandpa (Cluff) gave.  It was wonderful!  I learned a lot about the priesthood that I didn't know.  When dad put his hands on my head I felt all the bad choices going away from my nice body.  It's lots of fun getting baptized!  You learn to know about the Holy Ghost and that God loves you!!!"
Logan Cluff



Logan's journal entry really touched me.  I can not fully describe to you how intently Logan listened to Grandpa Cluff and Sister McDougal's talks.  He never took his eyes off of them and he hardly even moved.  It was like he was soaking in every word.
If you knew my Logan you would know he is not much of a writer.  He hates going writing at school.  So I was super shocked when he just kept telling me more and more to write.
Getting baptized really was important to him and he showed it!



We are so grateful for Logan's decision to be baptized and join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I know that our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ are so proud of Logan as well.




Looks pretty darn happy even with the sun being so bright!




Logan had 75 people attend his baptism!
It was a packed room and really testifies to how much people love him!
Here are the people who attended
Aunt Marla, Uncle Brad and 8 of his kids, Gloria & 3 kids, Tif & her 4 kids plus their friend Lily, Sandra Smith, Tamra & Rhett Hughes, Angela & Olivia Paull, Wendy, Ryker & Carsyn Shupe, Christy Luna and her cousin, Amy Curtis & 7 kids, Grammy & Grandpa Cluff, Grammy Boswell, Brother Nelson, Rebecca Johnson family (5), Mac & Baby Deke, Becky Preston & Miley, Miss Hannah, Miss Delaney, Player family (5), Brogan's (4), Spencer, Kim Skinner, Michelle & Britlee Peterson, Tressie & Melanie Smith, and Patti McDougal




It was a wonderful evening and one that Logan will always remember.
We followed up his baptism with a family dinner at Casa.
There were close to 50 people there and it was great to be together.  Aunt Gloria even sang Happy Birthday in her typical completely out of tune way right there in the restaurant for all to hear……..that always makes me smile.



8 Things I LOVE About Logan

1.  His bright smile
2.  His sweet  and caring heart
3.  His outgoing & easy going personality
4.  His love of music and dancing
5.  I love that he is an entertainer
6.  I love that he blows me kisses when I drop him off at school in the mornings!
7.  I love seeing how much he looks up to his older brother Hunter.
8.  I love how easy it is for him to love people……..he is always telling his grandparents that he loves them whenever we leave their houses.

I love so many things about him!  He adds such a brightness to our family!
Happy Birthday Logie Bear!

No comments: