Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fun in Gilbert

We decided to make a full weekend trip out of going to the Gilbert Temple Open House.  We looked at the cost of renting two rooms for all of us since I didn't want to have all the kids in the same room as Ella.  I wasn't sure if she would wake them up in the night or not.  I then started looking at the cost of renting a house.  
We were able to get a great deal on a house just down the road from the temple so we jumped on it.


It was actually cheaper then renting two hotel rooms because they gave us 15% off since we were paying with cash.  The house had a pool and hot tub.  I thought the pool was heated but come to find out it isn't.  So it was super cold and the kids just swam in it a little bit.


The hot tub on the other hand was a huge hit!  I even enjoyed some time relaxing in it!


We enjoyed going for walks.  Man I would move back to the Chandler/Gilbert area in a heartbeat if I got to choose!  I try to make the most out of living in Pima and to enjoy my life there.  But if I am honest it is not what I dreamed my life would be.  Actually its just not where I dreamed I would live.


We walked to a neighborhood park.


The kids loved that and it made me really wish I lived in the city again!


Hunter and Logan even played basketball with some kids while we were there.  It always amazes me how fast kids become friends.  They are such good examples when it comes to that!


I wish there was a fun park we could walk to.  I know our backyard is pretty much an awesome park but it would still be nice to have a walking path leading to a neighborhood park.  I LOVED doing that with Kiersten when we lived in Chandler!


It was super nice to be in a 3 bedroom house instead of a hotel room!!  Even Justin told me that was a great call on my part!  I LOVED getting out of Pima and being out of the house.  It had been a long 6 weeks staying home with a newborn.
We enjoyed a little shopping at the mall.  Ella LOVED the mall and all the noise and lights!  It was great to get away as a family for a long weekend!

No comments: